Forums Latest Members

Quick question battery for Omega Electroquartz f8192 Beta 21

1. SwissZ Feb 8, 2016

Quick question, the battery on my Constellation Electroquartz ran out, is a Renata 386 good replacement for it?

2. SwissZ Feb 13, 2016

I opened it up today and there was a Energzier 386 inside, so I put in a Renata 386. Humming again.

3. SwissZ Feb 17, 2016

And it's a no go, watch runs too fast :(

Strange because the Energizer 386 inside was working perfectly, is it possible that they are not the same batteries?

4. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 17, 2016

386 should be right, could be that its double stepping if it's running fast

5. SwissZ Feb 17, 2016

Any quick solution? New battery or a it needs a visit to the watchmaker?

6. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 17, 2016

It can be done but you need to be feeling brave, I will PM you over the weekend with instructions

Jonia4 and SwissZ like this.
  7. radiogeek1 Oct 9, 2020

Hi all-

I recently purchased a Constellation Electroquartz f8192, and found this old thread as a guide to battery replacement. Instead of the 386, I went with the Renata 344. While both batteries share the same diameter, the 344 is about 0.5mm less tall and sits flush with the movement in the case.

8. MCM Feb 17, 2021

Hi TD&H,
    I feel as though I may be grasping at straws. But I read your post in this thread and wondered if it might apply to my watch. Bought a Constellation Electroquartz f8192 in an online auction....was reportedly working fine. Buy the time it came to me it was running fast...almost double time. As I'm sure you are aware, parts are nearly impossible to find. Swatch group returned it to me with "no parts available" as explanation for doing no repair.
    Again it runs, but more than 45 minutes fast each hour. When you mentioned "double stepping" and "It can be done but you need to be feeling brave" it gave me glimmer of hope. I suppose that all of these movements will ultimately fail and that will be the end of the line for so many of these watches. I was just hoping that this watch still has a chance....but I guess I recognize that its demise is inevitable.
    MCM