Forums Latest Members
  1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 6, 2016

I just received my latest purchase (about 2 hours ago). I have been looking at Dynamics for a few years now and finally pulled the trigger.
    So here is my query. The seller described the watch as having limited power reserve. The watch keeps accurate time so far. the date adjustment works fine. But the watch is running solely on the autowind. I am embarrassed to admit that I am not sure how to go about winding this watch as it has the ergonomically designed crown recessed. Funny thing is, the previous owner kind of eluded to same thing. 2016-01-17 002.JPG

Edited Apr 6, 2016
    jimmyjay likes this.
  2. lillatroll Apr 6, 2016

Hello,

If I remember rightly you just pull the crown out one click and wind it. Make sure you don't over wind it as you might break something as I managed to do :mad:

3. cimo Apr 6, 2016

Wear it. Problem solved. ::bleh::

There are some movements that only wind via the rotor by design--the Seiko 7S26 for example!

4. Egatdagi Apr 6, 2016

I have the same watch but I've never tried winding the crown. It's an automatic so you shake it for a bit and wear it.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2016

You should be able to wind it with the crown in the seated position, if not, something is wrong. It is difficult if you have big fingers, and as it's an auto you could put it on a winder.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  6. sxxu08 Apr 8, 2016

Mine says Hi! You can wind it with the crown in the seated position which is what I used to do before getting a watch winder. I was also told that you can't overwind these as there is a 'clutch' mechanism that prevents this. However, you should only need to give it a few winds to get it going then once it's on your wrist it will wind itself. IMG_6255.JPG

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2016

It's probably a cal 565 & if the mainspring is OK then there shouldn't be any "limited power reserve".

A problem winding the crown is a different issue. The correct crown should be simple to wind, although some can be a bit stiff or awkward. Sometimes, however, when they are serviced watchmakers have installed smaller recessed crowns & those are a real pain to wind.

if the issue is either of these, it indicates that the servicing may not have been top notch.

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 8, 2016

Ok thanks, I have a problem then. I cant wind it. The question I have now is the crown original?. I have seen dozens of pics and crowns vary. Some like mine, small with a rounded face, tight fitting, and others like sxxu08's extending further away from the recess.
    Any thoughts?.

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2016

Those little bowler hatted crowns are terrible and are really hard to wind. Last time I looked into it I concluded that those crowns were from the ladies Dynamics and were incorrectly used as an interchangeable part on the men's watches by some independent watchmakers. That said, don't expect the crown to be original from when the watch was first sold - but do expect it to be the correct part. The correct part is the one you see on sxxu08's watch & they are still available as a service part.

10. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 8, 2016

Thanks for the info. Now to find a new crown! and a crystal.