Forums Latest Members

Questions about the Seamaster Professional Ceramic

1. wayneG Jul 24, 2017

Lately I've been very intrigued by the SMPc. After dismissing it a couple of years ago, I recently tried on another and liked it very much. I'd probably go for black as the blue is, well, a little too blue. It might be the hue, or the lighting I've looked at it in, but as much as I like a colourful watch, I find it just doesn't work interns of a colour for me.

I do have a few questions though which I wondered if owners could answer?

1) How is the crystal for reflections in bright sunlight? In the jewellers' stores I've viewed the watch at, I've noticed the need to angle the watch sometimes in order to read the time
    2) Do you find the hands to be legible? I can't help but think if Omega brought back the Sword hands, they would sell these to every WIS in the world. The Skeleton hands however appear a little less easy to read at a glance, and I'd imagine the lume isn't that strong compared to the plots around the dial?
    3) How is the accuracy generally on these? Are any running within say a couple of seconds over 24 hours?
    4) With it being quite a heavy watch, does it get tiresome over the day?

Thanks in advance

2. wilfreb Jul 24, 2017

Hi there, first it's not a heavy watch, and at 41mm it's very comfortable for 24/7 use, I find it more comfortable than my 40mm GMT Master.

And the accuracy is flawless, it's more accurate than my Rolex, although it's newer.

The hands, just like you, and after owning the sword hands on my old seamaster, I didn't like it at first, and in reality they are not as legible as the PO hands or the sword hands, but they are part of the design of this watch, and you grow to like them. Just like the bracelet.

The bracelet, the hands, and the bezel is what makes this watch so unique and recognized, so go for it and you will love it.

As for the color, I love the blue, it's younger, more vivid and more gorgeous

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. wilfreb Jul 24, 2017

Forgot to mention the crystal, the double AR coating makes magic with this watch, the crystal dissappears and the dial looks so crystal clean, very eye catching

4. w.finkenstaedt Jul 24, 2017

Yeah, I own a prior version and it's been awesome, easily one of my favorite watches and one I will never sell.

I actually really like the hands, after owning many different watches. It's definitely a style that stands out and is easily legible.

Plus, the lume on them is awesome!

67ViP and wilfreb like this.
  5. wayneG Jul 25, 2017

Great replies, thanks. I'm going to borrow a pre-ceramic I have access to, and wear it for a day.

I have the same Rolex and love it, so your comparison pic is ideal. You also make the blue look much different to how I've seen it in the jewellers'; it's much more appealing. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

6. wilfreb Jul 25, 2017

The blue changes depending on the ambiance, indoors is more of a darker blue, outdoor is more blue blue [​IMG]

7. sweejin Jul 25, 2017

Hi, may I ask how is the comfort of the 20mm bracelet non tapered compared to the GMT 20mm but tapered.
    Does the bracelet feel large because from photo it seems the bracelet is wider that the Rolex 20mm bracelet. Thanks!

8. lukajur First floor resident. Jul 25, 2017

I can't speak to the Seamaster, but to the Speedmaster which also doesn't have a tapered bracelet. Unfortunately compared to my GMT Master II, even though I much prefer the Speedy as a watch, the bracelet seems bulkier and somehow makes me want to wear the watch less due to the lack of tapering. That is just a personal preference thought.

9. pault8084 Jul 25, 2017

Love the black, super comfortable, not at all heavy. Has great Luke and have never struggled to read the time in any situation. Had it on a non gen NATO but not really for me, prefer the bracelet. image.jpg

67ViP, wayneG and wilfreb like this.
  10. wilfreb Jul 25, 2017

They are both very comfortable, I just feels that the Seamaster bracelet is more flexible due to the more links, and the fact that it's not tapered, it makes the watch feel more substantial on the wrist, which I like because it's my sporty daily watch.

The push button mechanism is way better and super simple to put it in and off, I love hoy easy its to open the clasp. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. sweejin Jul 25, 2017

Thanks for the reply on this. I am new to Omega as I currently owned a Black Bay and SubC and both have tapered bracelet which are very comfortable and was wondering on the Omega bracelet feels as I am currently considering SMPc and also Speedy Pro Hesalite for my next watch.

12. sweejin Jul 25, 2017

Thanks for the reply on this. Its been very informative especially with the photo attached. I am still deciding between the blue SMPc and Speedmaster Hesalite for my next watch purchase.

13. ras47 Jul 25, 2017

On all my Seamasters over the years I have found visibility and legibility to be outstanding. Never had better. And Omega's lume is crazy strong.

The bracelet on my Rolex GMT2 is the best I've ever worn, but Omega bracelets are a close second. Lack of taper doesn't bother me with my 7 3/4" wrists.

14. wilfreb Jul 25, 2017

The clasp is what I love the most on my Omega and Tag Heuer, I'm a fan of push buttons clasps