Forums Latest Members

Questions about adjusting time/date on my father's 70's Seamaster

1. khoalety Aug 20, 2013

One of the members mentioned my father's watch is a ref 168.035, cal 564 24 jewels adjusted 5 positions. Today I got it back from the local watch repair shop after an overhaul. I adjusted the time/date. I noticed it is very straight ways to adjust time/date on this watch. I wonder if someone could help me so that I won't damage my father's priceless Seamaster. Usually on a watch, when I pull the lug to the 1st position, I adjust the date. This one the 1st position is adjusting time. The 2nd position usually will stop the second hand and adjust the time. This one advances to the next date. Is this correct? If so, how do make the second hand stopped so that I can make it the same as the office time for me to test the accuracy. If I accidentally increase the date and I move the time backward to go back a date? Would this be OK? How do to increment the date without increment time to get to the date you want.

Thank you so much for your answers.

My_FatherOmega.jpg
  2. Hijak Aug 20, 2013

:thumbsup: That is correct...first position is to set time, from there pulling to second position advances the date (doing this multiple times if needed). I don't think you can stop the second hand on a cal. 564 (not on mine anyway).

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 21, 2013

No hacking on these movements, so you can't stop the second hand. You should avoid using the quick set from about 9 PM to maybe 3 AM on this watch - there is risk of damage to the calendar mechanism if you force it when the date change is already in progress.

Cheers, Al

4. khoalety Aug 21, 2013

Thank you both, Hijak and Archer for your answers. I'll keep it in mind about 9PM - 3AM. I wonder if it goes forward a day accidentally, can I move the time backward to go back a day?

DadOmega11.jpg DadOmega12.jpg DadOmega13.jpg
  5. Hijak Aug 21, 2013

No:) it doesn't but during that time frame the date change has started to activate and you could damage the movement.

6. khoalety Aug 21, 2013

I think the quick set is a great idea but doing 29 or 30 times, I fear I'd pull the lug off the watch. :( I will move the time backward to set back a day but I will do it in the morning like 10AM to avoid Archer's 9PM to 3AM advice.

Hijak likes this.