Forums Latest Members

Question regarding warranty card from an AD

1. mayankyadav Oct 26, 2017

Hi
    I bought a Speedmaster from an AD for a great price ( $3837) and the watch is a piece of beauty. However, I have a question about the warranty card from the AD that he shipped to me with the box.

The card doesn't have date stamped on it. Is that ok ? However he did send me an appraisal of the watch showing the retail price and the date. Will I have any problem in claiming warranty internationally because of this ?
    I have attached the pictures of the warranty card and the appraisal form from the jeweler. Sorry had to remove jewelers details as the price at which he sold me the watch is aggressively competitive.

Edit -

Thank you every one for your response. I called the dealer and he told me that he normally, when likes certain customers, leaves the warranty card as blank so that if something happens after say 2.5 years, he has the ability to adjust the date so that the watch is still covered in warranty.
    He also gave me an option to mail the card to him and let him fill everything now if I want. I thought its probably a better idea to have it filled when I actually have some kind of problem with the watch. Any thought ?

Warranty Card.JPG Appraisal.JPG
    Edited Oct 27, 2017
  2. James Lin Oct 26, 2017

Caliber 1861 isn’t automatic movement, which showed on the receipt. You could go back the AD, and ask them to stamp or sign the date. But the printed name Jeweller on the warranty card is more important than the open date.

rohnin and mayankyadav like this.
  3. mayankyadav Oct 26, 2017

Thank you very much. I will definitely talk to them and see if they can correct it. Thanks again for your time.

4. rohnin Oct 26, 2017

I was just about to ask a similar question about whether it’s better to have it filled out or left blank. Thanks!

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 26, 2017

The warranty card is worthless without the watch details on it anyway, so get them to fill them in too.

rohnin likes this.
  6. Lexm Oct 26, 2017

Dont these get pre-printed in Switzerland with the ref and serial number?

7. BenBagbag Oct 26, 2017

It also calls the watch a seamaster...

8. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 26, 2017

Well the speedmaster is/was part of the seamaster line . ;)

9. Bushido Oct 26, 2017

At least in the US, they moved to these open warranty cards. The AD/boutique is supposed to write in reference and watch # as well as purchase date. OP's warranty card looks perfectly legit, it just needs to be filled in. My guess is the AD purchased from simply forgot to do so before shipping out the watch.

10. rohnin Oct 26, 2017

Let’s say after the warrranty runs out does it still matter if the card is blank or filled in? Does filling it in make it authentic?

11. cvera Oct 27, 2017

I called omega once regarding a warranty card that had the date smudged. They told me I would have to send a copy of the receipt in during a warranty claim to verify the date purchased. So if they accept that paperwork I imagine you'd be fine. They might want a more formal receipt though.

12. red1108nyc Oct 27, 2017

Card should be properly filled out and you need to have an accurate receipt in hand for your protection. AD should also file the serial number matching your name into Omega data base.

13. panaitchrono Oct 27, 2017

I understand to buy some type of cards online or on eBay because they'll reflect in the price of the item (lower the price) but if you bought from a serious dealer you have to ask them to be complete in my opinion..
    I also knew that they are preprinted...

14. mayankyadav Oct 27, 2017

Thank you every one for your response. I called the dealer and he told me that he normally when likes certain customers leave the warranty card as blank so that if something happens after say 2.5 years, he has the ability to adjust the date so that the watch is still covered in warranty.
    He also gave me an option to mail the card to him and let him fill everything now if I want. I thought its probably a better idea to have it filled when I actually have some kind of problem with the watch. Any thought ?

15. cvera Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like your dealer is not following Omega process.

mayankyadav likes this.
  16. paulie8777 Oct 27, 2017

For what it’s worth, I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a Speedy at Royal Quartz in Paris and they didn’t stamp the warranty card. I when I got home I called the store and they said I only needed the receipt.

I needed a size adjustment so I took my watch to my local Omega Boutique and while I was there I asked them about the blank warranty card. The sales rep looked up my watch and info in their system and told me he thought me watch was a grey market watch and that my warranty was void , even with the receipt.

I called the Omega home office in Switzerland (their phone can be found by searching through the website “swatch group”) and inquired. They investigated and the next day the emailed to let me know that my local Omega Boutique would stamp and date the card.

I went through the extra steps as of verification because I when I looked at the Omega website the only listed 1 of the Royal Quartz locations as being an AD.

I’m glad I went through the trouble as it scared me that the omega store originally through my watch warranty was void.

This all happened over the last week. I purchased on 10/21/17

cvera likes this.
  17. mayankyadav Oct 27, 2017

Thank you. Looks like I need to get my warranty card stamped.

18. paulie8777 Oct 27, 2017

mayankyadav likes this.
  19. rohnin Oct 27, 2017

So I looked at my warranty card and the only thing that needs to be filled in is the date. Is it necessary to go back and have it dated? Seems it can be written in anytime by anyone, unless they use a special marker?

20. paulie8777 Oct 28, 2017

I think you’re probably fine on the date.