Forums Latest Members

Question on Photobucket and hosting services

1. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 4, 2017

Greetings everyone,

Am I the only one experiencing this with photobucket?
    After using about 20% of their free storage space, it became impossible to edit pictures on Photobucket.
    Now I'm at 24% and suddenly I can no longer seem to upload directly from my I Phone. That was one of my favorite features of the site.
    Have others experienced the same thing and is it a subtle incentive for me to start paying for extra space or whatever?

Do other webhosting facilities work the same way?

Any relevant info would be appreciated,
    Best regards,
    S

2. Kmart Jan 4, 2017

I haven't experienced this, but then again I probably haven't used up that much space on any hosting services. I'm curious why you prefer Photobucket? I find it's usually preferable and easier to upload photos directly (on here at least). I used to use Photobucket way back when but switched to Imgur a few years back.

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 4, 2017

Personally, I don't like Photobucket.

I've used Dropbox for 4 or 5 years now for all of my photos. I think I have at least 500 hi-res. photos stored there...

Not sure if I was 'grandfathered' in, but so far, it's been free, and it's really easy from the iPhone, uploads and downloads.

Edited Jan 4, 2017
    Tbone likes this.
  4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 4, 2017

I have a photobucket account that is about 90 percent full and I can still edit photos. So I'm not sure what to tell you. I think you're sniffing up the wrong tree, in terms of causation.

I'd talk to photobucket about it.