Forums Latest Members
  1. david_watch Sep 8, 2015

I'm looking at a nice Seamaster DeVille. Looks good to me but I have a few questions that are confusing me.

The watch has both Seamaster and DeVille on the dial, but has a Cal 613 inside. I thought the 613 would be in a latter Deville only watch. Was the 613 also in 67 or earlier SM DeVilles?

The seller says the dial is original not refinished. The ref is 136.020, but that doesn't show as one that the 613 would be fitted to. Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading,
    David

400 OMEGA 1.JPG 400 OMEGA 2.JPG 400 OMEGA 3.JPG 400 OMEGA 4.JPG 400 OMEGA.JPG
    Edited Sep 8, 2015
  2. Hijak Sep 8, 2015

Hello David,

That dial looks good to me and is certainly OK for this reference (136.020) and the Omega Vintage Database is saying a cal. 611 is correct for this reference. However you need to keep in mind that the OVDB is not complete...this cal. 613 has an early 26mil. serial number dating it to early 1968ish. (remember also that the serial # dating charts can be +/- a year or two) I'm surmising here, but it would make total sense that in the transition from SMDV's to straight out De Villes that some very late SMDV's might have received the cal. 613. In any case I wouldn't worry too much about this as these are not super collectable and this is a nice example of the SMDV, inside and out!:thumbsup: Good luck with your quest!

david_watch likes this.
  3. david_watch Sep 8, 2015

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured that your scenerio is most likely the case, but I wanted to check anyway to get other opinions. I'm very inexperienced with vintage watches and I'm still learning whats "possibly could have happened vs whats "that's never done"

Would you say the dial is original? It looks so too me. Since its not a very collectable watch, what do you say would be a fair price in todays market for it?

Thanks again,
    David

Also, did Omega remove the page where you could search by ref? My old link wasn't working anymore.

4. Hijak Sep 8, 2015

Like I said above, dial looks good to me. I've had a few of these SMDV's and here is my current one...
    Wrist Shot, 8.JPG
    Its a reference 14905 with a cal. 552 automatic inside. These will range from roughly $500 to $800 U.S. for a good one, I paid a little more for mine because of the condition, it came with a beads of rice bracelet and it had a steel case. I sold the BofR bracelet and recouped some of my money.

The one your looking at is a hand wound movement (not an automatic) has the wrong crown and is gold capped but it's in good condition (plus I like watches with the black inserts on the hour markers and hands like this one)...depending on weather its been serviced or not, I'd say somewhere between $450 and $650

5. david_watch Sep 9, 2015

I love the look of yours. I'm very fond of dials with some numerals in the mix. And that textured strap fits it amazing!

Is the crown on yours what mine originally had too? That thinner style.

Thanks again for taking the time to educate me,
    David

6. Hijak Sep 9, 2015

Thanks for the compliment and it's my pleasure to help you out, we all started from the same place really. The strap is a Hirsch lizard and the De Ville in question could have had the crown above or since it has the hand wound 6xx movement, the crown could've looked like this one...
    image.jpg
    a reference 136.011 with cal. 611 movement. Which ever one, definitely thinner than the one it's got now! The watch in question has a lot in common with this, movement and dial wise.

7. Hijak Sep 9, 2015

8. david_watch Sep 9, 2015