Forums Latest Members

(Question) Longines HydroConquest date calendar concern

1. Frankenstout Jan 4, 2023

Hello everyone!

I’ve recently grown concern over the date mechanism in my watch. If the date calendar was broken, would it be able to move to the next day via manually changing the time to go past midnight or would it sit still and not progress to the next day?

I apologize if I worded this incorrectly and would be happy to explain further if needed. Thank you in advance!

2. janice&fred Jan 4, 2023

I think you mean if the quick-change date stopped working would the date change by rolling the time around to past midnight?

Yes I've seen quick date change function stop working yet the date will still advance when going past midnight.

Frankenstout likes this.
  3. Frankenstout Jan 4, 2023

Thank you for clarifying! The date changes when I manually adjust it. Do you think I’m correct in assuming quick date change is fine as well as the automatic change at midnight?

4. janice&fred Jan 4, 2023

I think you would have to make sure you know how to use that particular quick change function on that watch, then try it out. :thumbsup:

Frankenstout likes this.
  5. Frankenstout Jan 4, 2023

Quick change causes the date to change. Moving the hands past midnight causes the date to change. I think I’m having a dumb moment and set it AM versus PM or vice versa :unsure:

janice&fred likes this.
  6. janice&fred Jan 4, 2023

Been there done that myself, more times than I care to admit :D

Frankenstout likes this.