Forums Latest Members

Question for owners of the modern Railmaster and Speedmaster Pro

1. briarworm Sep 16, 2018

Does the the bracelet for the modern 40mm railmaster fit on the the speedy pro? Can anyone post pictures of the fit or gaps? I've been looking for an alternative modern bracelet without the polished center links and this fits the bill but I can't find any info. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. rob#1 Sep 17, 2018

Tritium likes this.
  3. briarworm Sep 17, 2018

Thanks, but I'm specifically asking about the most recent railmaster bracelet. All the speedmaater bracelets in that thread are nice in their own way but are not up to date with solid links, screws for adjustment, or the recent change Omega has done with the "female" style end links on the new aqua Terra, railmaster, and seamaster 300 bracelets.

4. rob#1 Sep 17, 2018

Fair enough. I don’t think the railmaster bracelet will work (I’m sure it would have been suggested in one of the many new Speedmaster bracelet posts) but I’m sure the OF brains trust will chime in with an answer if there is one :thumbsup:

briarworm likes this.
  5. yinzerniner Sep 17, 2018

The bracelets aren't the issue, but the end links. The lug holes for the bracelet spring bar in the Speedy Pro are very far away from the case, so you can conceivably install the 20mm AT, PO or even RM bracelets on the Speedy but there will be a noticeable gap and considerable play since there's still room between the case and the end links.

You might be able to extract solid end links from a modern Speedy Pro bracelet and reaffix them onto one of the aforementioned bracelets, but I've never see it done successfully.

I've heard of some people using 633 end links on newer AT bracelets, but haven't seen it in person. Even then those are hollow end links, although the newer style with the additional machining are a bit more stable than the older ones.

briarworm likes this.
  6. briarworm Sep 17, 2018

Thanks for this detailed reply.
    I've currently got the watch on a Aqua Terra 2503 bracelet, and the fit is pretty good, but it also has some play and gaps as you described. The "tabs" (for lack of better word) on the bottom of the end links are not thick enough and do not touch the underside of the lugs, which results in the bracelet pulling away from the case when it's on the wrist. I've considered having material laser welded onto the bracelet to thicken the tabs, but I'm not terribly satisfied with the pin/collar link adjustment or clasp on the bracelet so I haven't bothered with doing it.

I assume an updated speedmaster bracelet is coming in the near future but I fear it will have the same polished pinstripes that drive me nuts.

IMG_20180917_165226.jpg IMG_20180917_165332.jpg IMG_20180917_165426.jpg

7. rainking Oct 24, 2018

I know this thread is more than a month old now but I just stumbled across it. Perhaps I'm not getting your full point but the way you described it makes it sound as though your only problem with the Speedy bracelet is the polished little parts of the links. If that's the case, why don't you just have those brushed so they match the rest of the bracelet? Easy fix. Unless you just don't like the bracelet, period.

8. Blacklidge Oct 27, 2018

I believe this is the bracelet in question - not the old one that is more rounded.

DSCF6143.jpg