Forums Latest Members

Question for mods regarding feedback posts

1. DIV Aug 19, 2018

hello
    I'm having an issue with my feedback posts in the Sales corner.
    When I do a search to check my feedback posts that other members have left me, I get the message that the search was unsuccessful because the search word "DIV" is too short or too common.
    Other than starting all over with a new member name which is longer, is there anything else that could remedy that?
    It's important for others to be able to see my positive seller/buyer reputation posts.

Thank you
    Dan

Mtnmansa likes this.
  2. ext1 Aug 19, 2018

I don't know if it would help much, but I did get a few hits on google using the following two search terms:
    site:eek:megaforums.net seller DIV
    site:eek:megaforums.net/forums/watch-seller-profiles/ DIV
    (the : o) changes to a emoticon, just put it without the space)
    I think you would be able to get the review post if you type in your username together with the username of the person you transacted with. Other than there being a system change, I think the only way is to use other creative search terms together with your name...

oddboy likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 19, 2018

4. ext1 Aug 19, 2018

whoa! how did you get it to not change into an emoticon?!
    Also I like how most of the time lmgtfy is kind of a way to make fun of someone but this time it's one of the few times where it's not used for that purpose. :thumbsup:

oddboy likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 19, 2018

I think because it's a link, it doesnt change to emotion?

But yeah, not making fun, just used for illustrative purposes . :D

ext1 likes this.
  6. ext1 Aug 19, 2018

Weird, because I quoted the link and it still changed into the emoticon!
    But anyway, yeah, I guess the best option is to put the username with DIV via google.

7. DIV Aug 20, 2018

Thanks guys...great help, but still not perfect....I think they're does need to be a system change to allow for shorter member names in the searches.

Much appreciated...

8. gdupree Aug 20, 2018

I just use the google trick as well. but I also find the internal search function frustrating when trying to search the site. Virtually anything I attempt to search for is too common, and have to search externally to find it. Some times you want to find common things, ya know? But all-in-all the google search method works.

ext1 and oddboy like this.
  9. DIV Aug 21, 2018

Thanks. I guess we should underestimate that Google is the most powerful and sophisticated search engine for a reason (or many)....

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 21, 2018