Forums Latest Members
  1. friendharry Oct 24, 2015

Hi

I bought recently a Speedster 105 003, in pretty good shape. I've started to try to gather more info regarding this watch, and contacted Omega. Here starts the interesting story. According to their database, this watch has been sold in 65 to .... the US Army. No name, just US Army. Then, no more info. No maintenance.

I start to imagine many things, but 1st I wanted to know whether some of you have / had " military" Speedies. Of course, I know that the 300 has been delivered to the Navy. But never heard about a Speed for the Army. NASA, yes, Air Force in Peru yes, but ....

So, I'll continue my investigation and keep you posted.

But if you have interesting info please share them.

By the way, the 105 003 seems to have been knocked few times. Once again, normal for a 50 years old lady, but who knows, may be she hides mores mysteries ....

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 24, 2015

no issued US army speedies. sold in the navy stores: yes. but not issued. kind regards. achim

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 24, 2015

Pictures.

It's what feeds us

Eric_navi likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Oct 25, 2015

If it's sold to "US Army" it only means that it has been sold to a store operating on an army base and then probably sold to a serviceman. It hasn't been issued by the military, if that's what you think.

Today you pretty much only find G-Shocks and Suuntos in army stores :(

5. devnull Oct 25, 2015

But on their defense they have some high end G-shocks, I saw one selling for $800...

6. alam Oct 25, 2015

I'd say this is more accurate... that watch was most likely sold to the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) - and today, AAFES remains an Omega AD, however model selection is limited. Most of the Omega watches sold by AAFES are purchased online.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=omega watch

AAFES was also a Rolex AD until the mid eighties. Here's an interesting story about a US Navy doctor and his first Rolex watch...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/rolex-submariner-superman-christopher-reeve,news-9311.html

http://www.themarysue.com/ebay-rolex-submariner-ref-5510/

Edited Oct 25, 2015
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 25, 2015

Here's another archive example... a Constellation of mine.

I've see a few others. Another member here has a Speedmaster or two with a similar pedigree.

image.jpeg

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 25, 2015

Wow! The US Army issued Constellations?!??
    ;)

Darlinboy likes this.
  9. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 25, 2015

The USAF did....

[​IMG]

alam, tpatta, watchyouwant and 2 others like this.