Forums Latest Auctions Members

Question about vintage Constellation Dial

1. Fost

Fost Apr 26, 2015

Dear Members

After several research, i found only one vintage Omega Constellation Dial whitout the word 'Chronometer'. It is clearly state here that the dial has been repainted.

AA).jpg

So my question is about this missing word on constellation dial, is there any real dial without this word? especially a pie pan dial? If no, why this word has been forgotten during the redial (on this one...) ? And finaly if the pie pan dial has no chronometer printed (only Omega Automatic on the top and Constellation / Star on the bottom) , is it a redial for sure?

Sorry for all those questions, i am trying to learn...

2. mondodec

mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Apr 26, 2015

Yes it is a refinished dial. This 168.004/10 (cant quite tell because I cant see the crown recess) should have both Officially Certified and Chronometer printed on the dial. some earlier models like the 14393 didnt have Officially Certified, but that was just a temporary thing.

Cheers

Desmond

3. Fost

Fost Apr 27, 2015

Thanks Desmond , sorry for the poor pics but based on your answer this one shoudl be a refenished dial as well?

1AA.jpg

4. mondodec

mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Apr 27, 2015

Very hard to establish the overall condition of the dial because of the photograph , but yes I would say it is.

5. Fost

Fost Apr 27, 2015

Thanks again ! I will try to have better pics , but the missing Word chronomètre seems to be enough to state :)

6. cicindela

cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 27, 2015

Fost , also note that first one is not a pie pan.

7. Fost

Fost Apr 27, 2015

Yes your right I noticed that bug was not able to find a pie pan without chronometer word so i picked this one up :)