Forums Latest Members

Question about swapping bracelet for Omega De Ville Hour Vision

1. rswoboda1 Sep 11, 2018

Hi

To put it simply I am a novice watch enthusiast. I have been pouring over this forum for the last few months trying to learn as much as possible. I have a couple of questions about swapping a watch bracelet on an Omega De Ville. My cousin is looking to sell his Omega De Ville Hour Vision 433.33.41.21.03.001. This model is one that comes with the blue leather strap. Now I'm not too big a fan of this particular strap, having already seen it up close. Is it possible to switch the strap with a SS bracelet for this particular model? It goes without saying that I would want an OEM SS bracelet from Omega. If something like this is indeed possible, whom/where would I need to go to have this done? Also, about how much would this cost (parts+labor)? I would greatly appreciate any answers/advice that anybody could provide.

Thanks

2. BostonCanuck Sep 11, 2018

The blue Hour Vision is a gorgeous watch. Omega recently converted that one to their Master Chronometer movement, before which it was featured in the Orbis collection as worn by their ambassador Daniel Craig.

The switch to a SS bracelet for this model will be no problem at all. I own the white-dialed version of the Hour Vision, 431.30.41.21.02.001, on its original bracelet, and the case for both watches is the same. Price-wise, it's not going to be cheap to buy the bracelet new from Omega. Others can chime in, but my guess somewhere is in the neighborhood of USD $1,000. And unlike some bracelets from Omega's sports lines, this one is relatively rare, so you're not likely to find many pre-owned examples on ebay for example.

3. rswoboda1 Sep 11, 2018

Thanks for all the info BostonCanuck. Would you happen to know the model number for this particular SS bracelet?

4. BostonCanuck Sep 12, 2018

Just looked and found the numbers 954 on the end links and 1670/954 on the butterfly clasp.

I still can't get my pictures to post in this forum, or I'd show you. The error message is "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension" even though my photo is a .jpg file. If anyone has a link to the instructions for this, I'd appreciate it.

Edited Sep 12, 2018
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 12, 2018

Just checked on the Omega Extranet, using your reference and the OP's...first yours...

REF 43130412102001

Case number - 055ST1681801

Bracelet - 020ST1673992 - note this is different than what you have on your watch based on your last post. Not sure if there has been an update or if the bracelet on yours is not original.

OP's watch...

REF 43333412103001

Case number - 055STZ003112

When I search on bracelets for this case, it comes back with "no results found". The bracelet may fit, but the cases are not the same so I don't think I would be as certain as you are. Sometimes Omega does odd things with end links and lug holes that makes swapping bracelet impossible between models. Often the only way to know for certain is to try it.

Cheers, Al

6. rswoboda1 Sep 12, 2018

Thanks for the info Archer. How would I go about "trying" different bracelets? I feel like if I go to an AD and ask them to try attaching a couple of different SS bracelets to my watch, which was previously purchased on the grey market btw, just to see if any fit, they would laugh me out the door. What, if any, other options exist?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 12, 2018

Not many. Find someone who would be willing to let you try their bracelet maybe...

8. rswoboda1 Sep 19, 2018

Thanks for all the info Archer. I checked with my local AD, and they quoted me $1,430 for the SS bracelet!!!! Thanks but no thanks. I know it's easier said than done, but I've read that it's possible to get parts closer to wholesale price if you can find a wholesaler or watchmaker and develop a rapport with them. Is there any truth to this?

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 19, 2018

That is the price of this one - not sure why it's so high, maybe due to the complexity of the links...

As for getting a cheaper price, not sure how you would do that.

10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Sep 19, 2018

Just for info, here is a FS ad (unfortunately a couple of years old) with pictures for Archer's 1673/992 combo

11. rswoboda1 Sep 24, 2018

Thanks Mouse. I've been scouring the web for the past week and all I've been able to find are a few previous sales on different platforms. It has been da!n hard finding this bracelet 2nd hand!

12. rswoboda1 Oct 10, 2018

Still doing my best to see if this switch is doable without spending nearly 1.5K for just a bracelet. I have a chance to acquire 431.10.41.21.03.001, at a price less than the standalone bracelet Archer mentioned above. I would appreciate it if someone could look up the model number for this watch's particular bracelet (Archer, wink wink;);)). Thanks in advance.

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 10, 2018

020ST1669881

14. rswoboda1 Oct 10, 2018

Ugh.. I was hoping it would be the 020ST1673992 model, but apparently it isn't. Oh well, back to the drawing board. (Thanks again)