Forums Latest Members

Question about STAIB mesh bracelets

1. Owlsu Apr 6, 2020

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a STAIB mesh bracelet with a butterfly style clasp - I bought a cheap replica bracelet that is of the exact same design/length etc. In 150mm size and realised I had to take all 4 of the removable links out (making it 130mm) to get the correct fit.

So the question is, what would be the difference in buying a 150mm STAIB and removing all the links to make it 130mm versus just buying a 130mm STAIB and not removing any of the links?

I'm never going to need to make it go below 130mm but I'm also never going to go higher than 130mm either so I can't see any difference either way here?

Does it literally just come down to whether I want the clasp to be short and have 4 links (150>130) or be long and have all 8 links (130)?

I know it's I weird question but I can't really work out the difference

2. quito No, my first name is NOT Mos. Apr 6, 2020

I have 6.75 inch wrists after losing weight. I bought the short one and had to remove a couple of links. If your gonna gain weight you can always get more links.

Owlsu likes this.
  3. dougwhiz Apr 6, 2020

Love the look of the Staib bracelets. I've been researching those and the fold-over clasp models on LongIslandWatch, and in one of the videos they mention an important fact that the butterfly version only adjusts in 5mm increments, when you add or remove a link. There are no fine adjustments on that style. I personally want a finer fit so I don't have a heavy tool watch jangling around my wrist.

But to your point, I personally like the look of fewer links and more mesh, so I'd start with the 150 and take out the extra links. Keep in mind people tend to gain weight as they age, you may need the links later.

Owlsu likes this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Apr 7, 2020

Amen to that:whistling:

Owlsu likes this.