Forums Latest Members

Question about Omega Seamaster f300hf vintage watch

1. Bbos Aug 23, 2015

Hi

I am since many years interested in vintage watches. Now I have a question about a watch I wanna buy.

The watch is a Omega Seamaster f300hf. I dont know the production year.

See pictures. Can you help me? I think the Watch cap isnt original? Is the "sign" missing in the cap?

Many thanks for help!!

Regards

Theo

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. lillatroll Aug 23, 2015

Hello Bbos,
    Difficult to say very much without the reference number which is on the back of the case. The good news is that these watches are not very popular amongst collectors so they are cheap, and not worth faking, I have seen some of these with a seamater case and a few without but I think it should have one with seamaster on it. They typically sell for between 300 and 400 euros If you are not sure about it then another one on ebay will be along any minute so you can afford to be a bit patient. Don't buy the first thing you see, inevitably you will regret it. I would pass on this one though.
    Good luck with the hunt.

3. webvan Aug 23, 2015

4. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 23, 2015

As @lillatroll says there are both version of case backs . Both with and without the Seamaster logo . I think your "cap" is original . Case reference should be a 198.001 . I have both versions. I am a little neerdie on this f300 watches as i like them . I like the floating second and the humming sound. And that they are very accurate and never need to be winded up. A new battery every now and then. I think collectors stay away because the complexity of servicing and repairing them .The crown is wrong?

5. Bbos Aug 23, 2015

Thanks for the fast answers! I would ask the seller for the case reference.

Is €300,- a good price?

6. Bbos Aug 23, 2015

Yes and it is a 198.001, see pic

image.jpg
  7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 23, 2015

It´s an okey price .If you like go for it . But if it was me i would not. I would find a nice stainless steel model instead . The gold capped version is not so attractive.

8. lillatroll Aug 23, 2015

300€ is about average, but I too would go for the stainless steel version, and pass on this one,mainly because they look nicer and if you find that you don tlike it any more then it will be easier to sell on, not that I would sell any of my watches but some people do.