Forums Latest Members
  1. bclarkmsu Sep 6, 2018

Guys, I'm trying to repair this watch and it's my first time. I've sent it to Omega but they wanted a crazy amount saying the circuit was damaged from water. The hour and minute hands move as does the date. I've been researching and I think I have this right. I'm looking at a ETA 255.111 circuit. Is this correct? Attached is a picture of the watch as I purchased. Also I'm have a hard time finding an Omega brand circuit board so any help with that would be great. Thank you!!

IMG_0329.JPG
  2. Dan S Sep 6, 2018

I'm not sure what question you're asking, but can you just take it to a watchmaker and have him swap out the movement?

3. bclarkmsu Sep 6, 2018

That's my next step. Just trying to do this myself. Just wondering if the ETA 255.111 circuit is the correct circuit.

4. Dan S Sep 6, 2018

You might want to post more photos so people can determine the reference number of the watch. It's probably on the caseback somewhere. There are watchmakers on the forum, and they may be able to look up which movement goes with which reference number. Also show photos of the dial side as well. It's better to provide more information, since you never know what may be helpful.

5. bclarkmsu Sep 6, 2018

IMG_0307.JPG
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 6, 2018

The Omega movement is based on the eta 255.111

As for parts swapping it’s hard to say. Donor watches can be had for under 500 with a working movement.

What price where you quoted and what’s exactly wrong with yours.

7. bclarkmsu Sep 7, 2018

$500 from one local watch guy and $800 from Omega. I was told it needs a new circuit. From what I can tell everything is move properly. No rust or corrosion any where.

8. Dan S Sep 7, 2018

So what is wrong? You still haven't said. If everything is moving properly, why do you need to replace the movement?

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 7, 2018

First, he doesn't need to replace the movement - just the circuit. Note that "moving properly" is not a proper diagnosis of all the various things that might be wrong with the circuit, and if two places have independently stated this is what is required, I'm going to assume there is a technical reason for them saying this that was determined through proper electrical testing (base consumption too high, total consumption too high, EOL not working, LWL too high, etc). The mechanical portion of the movement is likely in need of a service also based on the prices he was quoted. The Omega service will also include all the other things that are standard in a proper service, so changing the case tube, crown, seals, refinishing, pressure testing...

"Based on" does not mean it's the same. I've had Omega watches come in with non-Omega circuits in them that were not running right, so although I can't say for sure that this one won't work with an ETA circuit, the assumption that it will should be taken with a grain of salt.

bclarkmsu, Foo2rama and Dan S like this.
  10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 7, 2018

I don’t think those are unreasonable prices to be honest.

11. bclarkmsu Sep 7, 2018

$500 from one local watch guy and $800 from Omega. J
    Thank you!! I think I’ve bitten off more than I can handle. Might just store it away or sale it none working. I bought it from a friend who was just going to toss it.

12. bclarkmsu Sep 7, 2018

Thank you!! I don't know. Appreciate the input.