Forums Latest Members
  1. Cseko Apr 5, 2021

Hi everyone!
    I am considering to buy one, which is from the year when I was born '87 (Max Bill). However the back case cristal is cracked and I don't know if it's possible to change it.

The guy who is trying to sell it, told me that in omega the cristal costs 500€.
    My question is, what do you think the rear case cristal contains the art? Or is a normal cristal and under that is the design?
    Or if I buy it and want to change the broken cristal the design will just disappear?

Thank you very much!

Screenshot_20210405_142639.jpg
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 5, 2021

Had a look and the parts are available for fixing this. The crystal is mineral glass, and that alone is just $75. However I'm unsure what sort of job it is to disassemble all this, and they do have the entire case back unit as a spare parts, so ready to just screw into place. That is about $250, so far less than the 500 Euros you were told. That price could be for doing the work of a service as well.

Parts number for the Max Bill case back assembly is 112TN5460B1.

3. Cseko Apr 5, 2021

Thank you very much for your help!! Amazing, I'm very glad to be part of this group! I hope I'll be able to help to members also in the future!

Are these watches good? I read about the mistakes of buying a watch based on the birth dates and similar.
    And I'm not sure if it worth the price. I can get it for 300€, just the watch, without bracelet and with the broken rear part.
    Is it a good deal? Most of my watches are mechanics, I only have 2 quartz...