Forums Latest Members
  1. bonatto Oct 3, 2016

Hi guys, I'm selling my speedy which I've kept in my collection for some time, but I'm by no means an absolute expert on dial typography nuances and correct serial number ranges and wanted to run it by experts so that I'm portraying it correctly.

I was hoping to get some insight on this. Case looks to be correct, SP HF 145.012 - 67 - still has sharp edges - serial number placing it near 1968 transitional manufacture year 26,071,xxx. Second hand re-lumed, hour and minute hands are replacement.

Dial has the original tritium and bezel appears to be correct. Am I missing anything? Is my assessment correct? Am I being overly optimistic ?

Thank you :)

newspeedy main_01.jpg newspeedy_02.jpg newspeedy_03.jpg newspeedy_07.jpg newspeedy_13.jpg
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 3, 2016

Check the Speedmaster 101 site if you wish to evaluate the value. http://speedmaster101.com/
    You are not eligible to sell here at this time, however you may read the sales rules in the Private Watch Sales Forum here to learn more.

3. bonatto Oct 3, 2016

That looks like a great resource, thank you. I will read through it

4. TomGW Oct 4, 2016

Looks nice to me. The centre, sweep chrono secs hand would likely be a replacement too, as a 145.012 would have had the earlier style. Also the crown and the outer part of the pushers have probably been replaced at some stage - the pusher 'buttons' look fresh and shiny and the knurled side of the crown appears, at least to me, to be the later style. At practically 50 years old, none of that is surprising. GLWTS.

5. Dgercp Oct 4, 2016

The squared off bottom chrono hand is fine for a late 145.012.

6. bonatto Oct 4, 2016

Thanks for the input, Tom. With respect to the centre seconds hand, I was under the impression that later production models might have the flat bottomed one from the factory. Can't attest to crown or pushers.

7. bonatto Oct 5, 2016

Could anyone please offer some more insight on the crown/pushers? I've seen a couple 145.012s with the same crown on the web, namely fratello watches.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 5, 2016

provide some side shots of the case

9. bonatto Oct 5, 2016

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bonatto Oct 5, 2016

here are a couple, and congrats on 11k posts :)