Forums Latest Members
  1. Yjie1510 Jan 18, 2016

1. Omega constellation
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262246372503&alt=webPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Omega seamaster
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262246372503&alt=webPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Hi veterans! I'm very new here so pardon my many questions. I'm keen on the following watches but I've only got money for one. Would like to ask for advice on the value/price of the individual watches as well as their authenticity.

Just a side question, out of the sellers' many postings, what would be a value for money watch that I should keep a lookout for?

Many thanks in advance!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 18, 2016

Watch number 1. Run away.

Watch number 2. Same as Number 1 (in both senses).

Why?

“refinished dial,keep good time.”

Nuff said.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 18, 2016

Same link on both watches.

Redial not that collectable but ok as a daily wear.

Spend a bit of time and research black dials (is a show us your black dials thread if you search)

4. lillatroll Jan 18, 2016

Hello,

Firstly the links you have posted are for the same watch.
    The seamaster, as stated in the description, has been refinished, which for many collectors is a negative and greatly reduces its value. If you are looking for a nice looking watch and are not concerned about its authenticity then put in a bid. I am not sure how much is a fair price for a refinished dial but I don t think it would be more than the low hundreds. Personally I would not go near a redial, if you get into collecting then it might end up annoying you having a redialed watch. There is a sales section here you can look at and it find a more honest watch at an honest price.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 18, 2016

I ignored the dial, the movement was enough to turn me away.

STANDY likes this.
  6. Yjie1510 Jan 18, 2016

Thanks for your prompt replies and sincere help! Must've made a mistake while pasting the links. Anyway the two watches are from the same seller. Most of the watches he/she have are good on the eyes but not sure if they hold any value. Any recommendations if I only have a pocket for something in the low hundreds ($400-500ish)

7. Dgercp Jan 18, 2016

yes, look at the sales offerings on this site every day.

8. Yjie1510 Jan 18, 2016

Do you mean the auction section? I think I'm blind..can't see a sales section?

9. JohnSteed Jan 18, 2016

10. Yjie1510 Jan 18, 2016

Many thanks for pointing me in the right place! :)

It's true that many of you are just helping for the sake of the buyer. Eternally grateful <3

Edited Jan 18, 2016