Forums Latest Members

Purchasing from forum watch sales

1. bananafish05 Mar 28, 2016

Hi everyone,

Newbie here so please excuse my ignorance. I've been trying to purchase a 60s era Omega seamaster and a wonderful forum user got me on to watch recon. Anyway, I came across one that looked pretty much perfect - https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-deville-cal-565.37701/ - unfortunately, it was sold by the time I discovered its existence.

Also, I realise being a new member and not having enough posts/likes etc, that I couldn't respond on that thread even if I wanted to. I understand that it's a quality assurance measure but is there any way around it? I remember reading more info about this somewhere but I can't find the thread now. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

ulackfocus likes this.
  2. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 28, 2016

Send a PM to the user... Not the thread.

Foo2rama and bananafish05 like this.
  3. 1685 Mar 28, 2016

Hello and welcome. You can click on the sellers avatar and send them a direct message of a watch you're interested in.
    Cheers
    Mark

Foo2rama and bananafish05 like this.
  4. bananafish05 Mar 28, 2016

Ah, easy done! Thanks! Looks like the hunt continues...

Frunkinator likes this.
  5. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 28, 2016

ulackfocus likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Mar 28, 2016

@bananafish05 - thank you for (a) not starting a rant about the minimum post count for the sale forum and (b) actually reading the sticky in the sales forum to know the rule.

Attention all n00bs! This is how you do it.

abrod520, George.A, Foo2rama and 3 others like this.
  7. arkstfan Mar 28, 2016

Hang around rather than waiting for recon to pick up in search.