Purchasing a black dial Cal.562

Posts
5
Likes
1
Hi there, I am just wondering if the watch matches the description of the seller. The seller has mentioned that the dial, case, and the moment are all original to each other, the crystal has no omega logo on the center so I believe that it is not original to the watch, the dial was never repainted. I looked at other omega cal.562 online and I noticed the number hour marker is different from the ones I have seen pictures of so I'm not sure if that is original. Could you please help me decide whether it is an excellent watch to purchase for 1.5k Australian dollars? and whether it is authentic. Thanks in advance.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Authentic, yes.

An excellent watch to purchase, no.
 
Posts
24,803
Likes
55,106
Seems legit to me. Each movement and reference generally came with many different dial styles, so you may not find exact duplicates online.

You would have to really love that dial to pay $1500 AUD ($1000 USD).
 
Posts
5,671
Likes
9,497
This dial will become a basket case soon. The flaking will take out parts of the printing as well. Then it's worth maybe A$ 500. The average calculation is : the dial is 50% of the value in sought after vintage watches....
 
Posts
3,579
Likes
13,520
To me, that's a pass at that price. Just a small detail, but do note that the crown also isn't correct, even though it says Omega. Not a big issue, but worth knowing should you pursue this one.