Purchased Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 on eBay. Thoughts on this?

This is my 2nd Omega. Seller says it's from 1970's and in excellent condition, barely worn.

I'm new to collecting and thought I'd ask your guys' opinion on the good and the bad? Cost me a couple K, so I hope I didn't get ripped off. But I've seen similar on Chrono for around same and thought from photos this had better condition.

I'd also like to know anything about this model, history etc.

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2 copy.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg 20240326_094500.jpg 20240326_095058.jpg
20230414_112653.jpg

I dont get it. I see a yellow looking watch, probably gold which could explain you paying a couple K for it (euro's, dollar, what currency?). The latest two photos seems to be a steel version.

If this is just a normal steel Cosmic 2000 with the 1012 movement, it's worth around 700 dollar.

It looks good from the not so high res photos. To me personally these aren't that appealing, including the 1022 caliber, but that's just me. Hope you enjoy it.

Maybe add a bit more context. Is it solid gold or plated/filled? Same goes for the bracelet. The material makes a hell of a difference in price evaluation.

Like 1
It looks good from the not so high res photos. To me personally these aren't that appealing, including the 1022 caliber, but that's just me. Hope you enjoy it.

Maybe add a bit more context. Is it solid gold or plated/filled? Same goes for the bracelet. The material makes a hell of a difference in price evaluation.
Don't think it would be solid gold for 2k. Most likely gold plated.

I dont get it. I see a yellow looking watch, probably gold which could explain you paying a couple K for it (euro's, dollar, what currency?). The latest two photos seems to be a steel version.

If this is just a normal steel Cosmic 2000 with the 1012 movement, it's worth around 700 dollar.
I havent found any of the gold version in good condition for below $1500. Not sure where you seen 700. Just looking for a nice gold watch in the dimensions I prefer. I figured something like a similar gold plated Tudor Royal or Tudor Style 38mm would be comparable and those go for 2-3k. I liked the Omega heritage and name, since I have multiple Tudors already. Seller claims it's been worn only handful of times and is like new. Every other seller I reached out to said was used more heavily and had tents and oxidation / plating coming off at $1500. One day ill graduate to the real thing but thats like a 40k Daydate.

I havent found any of the gold version in good condition for below $1500. Not sure where you seen 700. Just looking for a nice gold watch in the dimensions I prefer. I figured something like a similar gold plated Tudor Royal or Tudor Style 38mm would be comparable and those go for 2-3k. I liked the Omega heritage and name, since I have multiple Tudors already. Seller claims it's been worn only handful of times and is like new. Every other seller I reached out to said was used more heavily and had tents and oxidation / plating coming off at $1500. One day ill graduate to the real thing but thats like a 40k Daydate.
I'm assuming the OP watch is gold-cap. It looks to be in good condition, but $2k is a lot for that watch. Just not terribly desirable to collectors, and certainly not from Omega's golden age. If you like it, that's the most important thing, but if you are thinking you will sell it to trade up in the future, it won't be so easy to sell.

It looks a nice watch and set but I’d say 2k is around 2-3x the value

Like 1
Every other seller I reached out to said was used more heavily and had tents and oxidation / plating coming off at $1500.

Just because those sellers are asking too much doesn't make this one a good deal. As noted by others this is a sub $1000 watch regardless of condition.

Like 1
If you’re just looking for a nice vintage Seamaster, consider a Seamaster DeVille 166.020. They are relatively plentiful and much nicer than a Cosmic 2000. You should be able to find one much less than 2k.

He’ll, 2k should get you a solid 14ct version

Like 4
If you’re just looking for a nice vintage Seamaster, consider a Seamaster DeVille 166.020. They are relatively plentiful and much nicer than a Cosmic 2000. You should be able to find one much less than 2k.

He’ll, 2k should get you a solid 14ct version
I dont think they come in a size I need, I only see 34 & 35.

thanks for everyones replies by the way. Perhaps I overpaid. I saw a watch I really liked the look of in the dimensions that I know fit me well from my other watches. Probably should have asked on here first.

First steps I take on checking if I am overpaying on an Omega:
1. Check previous sold listings on ebay, Omegaforums,anywhere else that might have records
2. Check comparable listings - but keep in mind, if a listing is sitting unsold - its doing so for a reason (may be overpriced - or not really in demand)

Like 1
Maybe you overpaid, but if you like the watch and it doesn't ruin you financially, doesn't matter. I've done way worse when starting out.

Just some advice which has worked for me. When you find a watch you like, check around to set a min/max price. eBay, Chrono24, this forum (or other watch forums) will give you a good idea. Keep condition in mind too so you don't compare a great example with a poor one. Try checking how popular that particular model is, which is something you'll build with experience. As your tastes refine the deeper you go, you'll probably want to sell some of the models you got initially. Unpopular ones are really hard to move. If you're not sure about originality or simply want an opinion, just ask in the forum and you'll get straight answers.

The listings here in this forum are a really great place to shop. There's very good deals often that are hard to beat elsewhere. For example, this gold plated c-case Constellation with a bracelet looks great for €1,290, and this 18k pie pan for $2,200 I have no idea why it hasn't sold yet.

Like 4
Maybe you overpaid, but if you like the watch and it doesn't ruin you financially, doesn't matter. I've done way worse when starting out.

Just some advice which has worked for me. When you find a watch you like, check around to set a min/max price. eBay, Chrono24, this forum (or other watch forums) will give you a good idea. Keep condition in mind too so you don't compare a great example with a poor one. Try checking how popular that particular model is, which is something you'll build with experience. As your tastes refine the deeper you go, you'll probably want to sell some of the models you got initially. Unpopular ones are really hard to move. If you're not sure about originality or simply want an opinion, just ask in the forum and you'll get straight answers.

The listings here in this forum are a really great place to shop. There's very good deals often that are hard to beat elsewhere. For example, this gold plated c-case Constellation with a bracelet looks great for €1,290, and this 18k pie pan for $2,200 I have no idea why it hasn't sold yet.
Thank you for this solid advice

Perhaps it too late now but if you just have 36mm I’d look at a 168.032/166.028

My response is a bit late but others already confirmed my point. I like the Cosmics btw, I have one and it's really good looking. Be sure to share some pictures of the watch when you've got it.