Forums Latest Members
  1. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 16, 2017

Unless you have better pictures it impossible to tell if the dial is correct from the pictures you posted.
    Taste is personal but the .025s are not particularly sought after because of the awkward case style.
    The dog leg .005 is something of a 'classic' and more sought after - and therefore commands a higher price.
    unpolished SS .005s with a good pie pan are very few and far between for under $1k nowadays.
    Hope that helps
    Edit: 900 is way too much for even a perfect .025

2. eligri May 16, 2017

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, local guy and seems reliable. Said he would contact the person he bought it from and check, was also promised more photos of the dials so I could check back here.

Here is a comparison to a legit one. Only thing I can notice is that the 'chronoMETER' looks slightly bold on the 'meter' part.
    http://imgur.com/a/H7ckl

3. eligri May 16, 2017

Just what I was looking for, thanks! ^^
    Makes my choice easier then :)

How much should I expect to pay for a perfect .025? 700:ish? Really like the verticle lines on the dial, compared to the more (bursted?) ones on the .005's.

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 16, 2017

Your best bet is to look at completed sales on Ebay
    As an additional note
    Gold cap should be less expensive than SS

5. eligri May 16, 2017

Oh, I did not know that!
    Only 168.025's I can find are at 1000-1800$, but I assume that's just overpriced wishful-thinking? Seems to be a lot of that in the vintage market.

Edited May 16, 2017
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 16, 2017

The 167.005 (no date) and 168.005 (with date) are considered the "iconic" case styles that collector picture when saying the words "pie-pan Omega Constellation".

However, there are many other case references that have the 12-sided dials, starting with the Ref 2852 from the late 1950's through the current Globemaster models. The model you are looking at (168.025) is about mid-pack in desirability.

When you look at these, you want to make sure that the engraving on the back is nice and sharp.

[​IMG]

BTW, I implore you not to buy this particular watch. You will need to find a whole new case. To my knowledge, Omega never made replacement medallions for Constellations, only new case backs or cases.

I've seen these front loaders go for $700 to $900 in perfect condition. More if in exceptional condition. However, this watch without the medallion is far from that.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 16, 2017

:eek:
    Would need to 18k for that!

cristos71 likes this.
  8. eligri May 16, 2017

Isn't the word 'rare' more than enough?

9. eligri May 16, 2017

It sure does, thanks a lot!