Pulling the speedmaster trigger finally

Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
Always tack some odd pennies onto the end of an eBay snipe bid. If your bid and a very slightly lower one come in at the same time, you can actually outbid a competitor by a few cents. It’s the one known loophole in the eBay proxy bidding system.

Sure, but it's the number chosen that made me giggle like a school girl. 😁
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Sure, but it's the number chosen that made me giggle like a school girl. 😁

It sure AF better. That was my intent. 😁
 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
Looks like there's a little ding in the bezel but that wouldn't bother me too much, depending on the price. Easier to overlook that sort of thing on the steel bezel.

 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Looks like there's a little ding in the bezel but that wouldn't bother me too much, depending on the price. Easier to overlook that sort of thing on the steel bezel.


WOW! Good catch! I didn't even see that.
 
Posts
763
Likes
10,296
The 3594.50 looks good on the Forstner "President" style bracelet IMO too 😉.

This was my first Speedmaster, purchased from my watchmaker head-only in 2016. Being matte and monochrome, it is a total strap monster that looks good on basically anything!
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
The 3594.50 looks good on the Forstner "President" style bracelet IMO too 😉.
This was my first Speedmaster, purchased from my watchmaker head-only in 2016. Being matte and monochrome, it is a total strap monster that looks good on basically anything!

Very nice! I have mine on a flat link, but I also have a Forstner Bullet that I bought used on eBay. I wear my 3570.50 on a Forstner Bullet and like it a lot; actually, I like most of the Forstner bracelets and think they’re good value.
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
WOW! Good catch! I didn't even see that.

One other note about the 3594.50: the hands are somewhat prone to corrosion. My understanding is that Omega would replace these as necessary during service, but I have seen unserviced examples where the hands have some pitting. Just something to watch out for.
 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
One other note about the 3594.50: the hands are somewhat prone to corrosion. My understanding is that Omega would replace these as necessary during service, but I have seen unserviced examples where the hands have some pitting. Just something to watch out for.

I concur. That's the #1 issue I see with this model. I wonder why they were so prone to having issues?
 
Posts
2,330
Likes
2,675
Always loved this model since I read about RJs one on Fratello. Thought it would look great with a standard black pro bezel, rather than the steel, especially when on a nato of leather.

Steel bezel does suit the bracelet mind you. Only criticism I’ve noticed from pictures is the hands can look lost with the dark grey dial.
 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
That being said ... looking at one in Canada on C24, here are some pics:
Always be wary of the link count on a pre-owned watch. My quick count is there are three links missing on the one you are looking at from Canada. It might fit your wrist as is, but if you need a link or two it's a bit of money and a hassle.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
One other note about the 3594.50: the hands are somewhat prone to corrosion. My understanding is that Omega would replace these as necessary during service, but I have seen unserviced examples where the hands have some pitting. Just something to watch out for.


Yes, I was sent an offer for one that looks 100% great except for the hands have some spotting. (permission from seller granted)
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Always be wary of the link count on a pre-owned watch. My quick count is there are three links missing on the one you are looking at from Canada. It might fit your wrist as is, but if you need a link or two it's a bit of money and a hassle.

Yep, i noticed this looking at the japanese market ones. And sadly, I noticed that the one on c24 was a bit short for me. However, I was mostly planning on wearing it on suede or leather, so it might not matter too much. Besides, forstner is a click away 😁
 
Posts
406
Likes
704
Always loved this model since I read about RJs one on Fratello. Thought it would look great with a standard black pro bezel, rather than the steel, especially when on a nato of leather.

Steel bezel does suit the bracelet mind you. Only criticism I’ve noticed from pictures is the hands can look lost with the dark grey dial.

Here you go, quick pic while on the train - very different aesthetic, but still good, with the black bezel

 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
I am wearing mine right now, if you need any more peer pressure to spur you on 😀



... and in this light, I think it's about time to give this one an ultrasonic cleaning, lol.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Well, fellow addicts, the title had to be edited.since there's no "maybe" anymore. A few of you heard an offhand comment that one was coming soon. That soon ended up being today.

While this thread was underway, one of our esteemed members reached out to me with a seriously prime example of the 3594.50 and considering the price I was willing to pay for the one in the auction, he must have felt sorry for me.

This one is mint. Really. I don't know how many times this has been in wrist, but it seems like I could count it on one hand. Leather case is in amazing condition. The bracelet is in great shape with obvious brushing and since it's a 1998, has the pressure clasp with 100% grip. Resized to a perfect fit with minimal effort.

Behold ... My socks, apparently lol
 
Posts
787
Likes
6,746
Well, fellow addicts, the title had to be edited.since there's no "maybe" anymore. A few of you heard an offhand comment that one was coming soon. That soon ended up being today.

While this thread was underway, one of our esteemed members reached out to me with a seriously prime example of the 3594.50 and considering the price I was willing to pay for the one in the auction, he must have felt sorry for me.

This one is mint. Really. I don't know how many times this has been in wrist, but it seems like I could count it on one hand. Leather case is in amazing condition. The bracelet is in great shape with obvious brushing and since it's a 1998, has the pressure clasp with 100% grip. Resized to a perfect fit with minimal effort.

Behold ... My socks, apparently lol

Congratulations! Welcome to the club.
 
Posts
246
Likes
586
Congratulations! You were right, this really is an excellent example. Wear it in good health (and hope this leads to more Speedys)!
 
Posts
10,066
Likes
57,374
Welcome to the club, Erric. Great looking watch and I love the leather case. You still have to learn the secret handshake though! 😁