PSA: Avoid Shop and Ship by Aramex

Hi,

Just a small warning for other collectors, TLDR: Avoid like the plague

Shop and Ship by Aramex in theory seems like a forwarding service like any other, they have addresses in pretty much any country, so for a collector, in theory, it seems like a very valuable tool

I've been using services like these for years, mainly for sending packages to myself from US, being so used to other forwarding services, Shop and Ship by Aramex caught me really off guard

- You can't send packages to any other country
- You can't send packages to any other city (?)
- You can't send packages to any other name
- You can't send packages back
- Interface is pretty much a hello world application seems like it was made in a day
- No customer service email, or phone
- Even if everything was working, you need an Invoice to send packages, eBay receipts don't work!

When I created my account years ago, I created it with an address in another country, now that I received a package as I found a must-buy watch on eBay from Italy that only sends packages to Italy, at the time Shop and Ship seemed like the logical option

Now it seems like a $850 lesson, and the pain of losing another rare watch in a stupid way like this

I called them and confirmed that there's no way to send packages back, or send it to a different country

I really can't describe how frustrating and devastating it is
Edited:

If you were able to call them, what options did they give you? Can't the package be at least picked up in person from their facility?

It’s hard to imagine what it is they actually do

If you were able to call them, what options did they give you? Can't the package be at least picked up in person from their facility?

I called, emailed, called again, the only option is to send the package to the country of registry, no returns, country of accounts can't be changed either

I called, emailed, called again, the only option is to send the package to the country of registry, no returns, country of accounts can't be changed either

If you have them send the package to your country of registry, do they give you a tracking number? If they do perhaps you could contact the carrier directly and intercept the package.

Hi,

Just a small warning for other collectors, TLDR: Avoid like the plague

Shop and Ship by Aramex in theory seems like a forwarding service like any other, they have addresses in pretty much any country, so for a collector, in theory, it seems like a very valuable tool

I've been using services like these for years, mainly for sending packages to myself from US, being so used to other forwarding services, Shop and Ship by Aramex caught me really off guard

- You can't send packages to any other country
- You can't send packages to any other city (?)
- You can't send packages to any other name
- You can't send packages back
- Interface is pretty much a hello world application seems like it was made in a day
- No customer service email, or phone
- Even if everything was working, you need an Invoice to send packages, eBay receipts don't work!

When I created my account years ago, I created it with an address in another country, now that I received a package as I found a must-buy watch on eBay from Italy that only sends packages to Italy, at the time Shop and Ship seemed like the logical option

Now it seems like a $850 lesson, and the pain of losing another rare watch in a stupid way like this

I called them and confirmed that there's no way to send packages back, or send it to a different country

I really can't describe how frustrating and devastating it is
Can’t you change your address under account info? If not, seems to be pretty stupid.

It appears as if you can, but you can't actually change the country, they disabled it

It appears as if you can, but you can't actually change the country, they disabled it
Seems like one account per country then.

I received 2 new options today, either destroy the item or return it to someone in Italy for close to $30 - the second one seems sweet

Is there a fellow trusted member on OF who can receive / forward the package for me? It's a bit of a hassle but it'd greatly be appreciated

Perhaps open a seperate thread to find somebody in Italy?