Forums Latest Members

Proud Owners Or Going To Be Owners Post Photos Of Your Omega Watches!

1. amitanshi Mar 7, 2013

Hello Everybody,

This post is for proud owners of Omega watches and going to be owners of Omega watches or who are just curious about these beautiful timepieces.

I request you to post or link photos of your watches and tell us what you like about it or which Omega watch you would like to own, this will be helpful for guys like me to make decision which watch to go for, your time is appreciated and thanks for suggestions.

2. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2013

Welcome to ΩF. Are you interested in a modern watch or vintage watch?

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 7, 2013

Amitanshi, You may want to spend some time reading old posts on modern and vintage Omega forum. You will see and hear about more Omegas than you can dream about.

4. amitanshi Mar 7, 2013

Thanks, I would like to own a modern watch with classy looks that can be worn as dress watch as well.

De ville Prestige Power Reserve Co-Axial 424.13.40.21.01.001

42413402101001-20.png
  5. amitanshi Mar 7, 2013

Thanks, I will surely spend some time reading those posts and will ask for your advises.

6. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2013

Ah, the mythical "all purpose" watch. I hear that unicorns make them in a special factory in NeverNever Land. Maybe I'm an old fuddy-duddy already, but a dress watch is made from precious metal (and no, despite what the Swiss would like you to believe from their pricing stainless steel is NOT a precious metal :rolleyes: ) and a sports/tool watch is steel or titanium. The closest I've ever seen is either the Rolex DateJust 116200 with the smooth bezel or the Omega Aqua Terra caliber 8500. While a watch worn with a suit should have a strap and not a bracelet, either of those watches would work in all other situations. Both have enough water resistance to do recreational swimming and shallow diving, and look good with business casual or jeans and a t-shirt.

7. Nick F 05 Mar 8, 2013

I have the Aqua Terra Midsize Chronometer and love it. I find it to be a great watch for all occasions based on its elegant simplicity. Also, it is not so bulky that I have any issues buttoning my shirt cuff as I have had with some other watches.

The link below is the Omega site photo of the one I bought

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/aqua-terra-mid-size-chronometer/23110392102001

8. amitanshi Mar 8, 2013

WOW! that is one beautiful watch! Congratulations. I am thinking of going with a black dial since I have two other different brand watches in silver and white.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/aqua-terra-mid-size-chronometer/23110392106001

9. amitanshi Mar 8, 2013

I am also considering this one (De Ville Prestige Small Seconds 4813.40.01)
    48134001-20.png

10. Nick F 05 Mar 9, 2013

Thank you

The black dial Aqua Terra is nice looking too and was definitly tempting me. Still is actually:)

The De Ville Prestige Small Seconds 4813.40.01 is a really nice looking watch and from this picture would seem fit your needs especially when worn with dress or business casual clothes.