Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 30, 2013

Hey all
    So I've started to list things for sale on eBay. Something has been bought as a BIN, but not yet paid for. The purchaser has asked for an invoice, which I have sent. The purchaser has zero feedback. What do I need to do to confirm that she is legit as has actually paid?
    Thanks
    Daneil

2. jbibz Mar 30, 2013

Just make sure you are shipping to the address that the Pay-pal account is registered to and all should be good.

3. ulackfocus Mar 30, 2013

Everybody has to start somewhere. As mentioned, ship to the verified address mated to the Paypal account. You could also ask the Google about this person.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 30, 2013

How do I confirm it is the PayPal address?

5. jbibz Mar 30, 2013

You will see the shipping address when they pay, sometimes you could be asked to send the item to another address, they may say it is a present or a second address, don't do this as it will affect your pay-pal protection.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 30, 2013

So, I've got a problem then. The address that comes up is
    NAME
    Station Parade
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 1UE
    United Kingdom

There is no street number supplied?

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 30, 2013

Be sure that the funds are showing in your PayPal account, then ship to the address shown and only if the payment shows "OK to ship".

Ship using a carrier that offers an ONLINE VERIFIABLE SIGNATURE, not just delivery confirmation, for items over $250 US. Insurance is always a good idea when shipping valuable items too. Don't assume (incorrectly) that once it leaves your hands it is no longer your responsibility.

You may also want to consider requiring immediate payment for BIN listings, it saves the hassle of no pays.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 30, 2013

UK, addresses can be a bit confusing and don't always have a street number.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 30, 2013

Thanks all. Ill report back once she has paid and her PayPal address comes up.

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 31, 2013

Also, don't rely on anything received via email. Always log in manually to PayPal.com to verify payment. If they've paid via Paypal eCheque, don't ship until it clears.

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 31, 2013

Never been paid. It was a phishing bot. I must have missed the bit where I tick they have to pay when they buy. Where is that? Will I have to pay the sales Fee a sale that didn't go through? Do I jus press relist? Or do I need to report the purchaser?

12. danomar Apr 1, 2013

Something I recently learned: Get the buyer's email address and then send a PayPal invoice. The buyer gets an email, pays the invoice via PayPal, and includes his or her preferred shipping address. As a seller, you are 100% covered as long as you use the provided details.

13. pascs Apr 1, 2013

does the BIN also have an option to only allow buyers with say 10 or more feedback to purchase or is that just something at the discretion of the seller?

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 1, 2013

So many landmines in Ebay for new players............

15. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2013

It is not common at all for there to be no street number in the UK. Occasionally some posh person or aspiring nouveau will give their "residence" a name and omit the street number, but as a rule you should not accept a street address in the UK as being valid without a house number.

In fact the Royal Mail only need two things to accurately deliver: the post code (zip code) and the house number. Always insist on a UK house number !

16. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 3, 2013

I guess that makes me a "posh" or "nouveau" since I have named every house I have ever lived in and I'm a Yank! LOL

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2013

And besides, it is really cool to be able to say, "I'm sorry, but on the advice of my London attorney, I must insist on a...."

18. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 3, 2013

Puh-lease. "On the advice of my solicitor...."

We only have lawyers here in the land of the free....

I like the idea of naming my home -elevates the tone.
    LouS
    The Dump
    East 33rd Street
    Gotham-Upon-Island, NY

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 3, 2013

Oh...it really elevates the prestige of your home.:D

People in Indonesia usually give name to their villas in the country. I remember one of my favorite in east Java: Villa Ueeellleeek..... which translates: Very..very..very ugly Villa

20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2013

Excuse me, I never used the word "Lawyer", as who said I was dealing with a US. purchase?
    I believe the a fore mentioned solicitor has referred to himself as an attorney in the past :p