Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstellar Jun 6, 2015

After coming across vmh's "Is This Connie Real or Fake?" post, I'm wondering if these type of suspected fake connies are making a comeback?

Incidentally, came across one from a friend who almost bought one recently as well. Looking at the above mentioned post, can't help but see the similarities... but this one has cal 561 beating inside and has what appears to be a 14902 ref number with serial number slightly messed by the lighting to be able to tell properly. . But still, I'd wish someone would tell me that I am wrong.

connie.14802.jpg connie.14802_pix2.jpg connie.14802_pix3.jpg connie.14802_pix4.jpg connie.14802_pix6.jpg connie.14802_pix7.jpg connie.14802_pix8.jpg
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 6, 2015

Sorry but it looks to me like a possible fake case as I cant see any traces of facets on the lugs, and while the double chamfer under the bezel is there it kinda looks less sharp than should be. Also case back perlaging looks suspect, as it should be a lot smoother/finer than on the example you posted. Later fakes had the double chamfer but it was not well executed, and the date surrounds were badly faceted and can be identified with sharper dial pics.

Dial is either a redial or possibly fake. Look at the inconsistency of distance between the base of the markers and the crystal ring. Dial possibly stuck on to the movement. 14902 arrowhead dials are quite uncommon and generally will not have the "officially certified" script, the exception being extremely rare.

Cheers

Desmond

Ko1892, Giff2577 and NT931 like this.
  3. Interstellar Jun 6, 2015

Thanks Desmond. Sad that Connies are now targeted as well by counterfeiters.