Problems with the movement on my new Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 3861

I purchased a new Speedy 3861 late January of this year. I did not wear it daily as I have other watches, but I started noticing problems with the power reserve. Not every time, but at random.

Now, I would like to try to preempt any comments here about whether or not I fully wind the watch until it reaches a dead stop. The answer is "yes" the watch has always been fully wound regardless of whether it has been running or whether it's reached a dead stop. It's obvious when you reach the stopping point on a manual wind watch and I don't have a problem with that. In my case (using my index finger and thumb), that has usually meant about 80 turns, if winding the watch from a dead stop. I also want to add the point that the chronograph has not been running when I've had issues with the watch. In fact, I've barely used the chronograph since I've had the watch.

On good occasions, I initially noticed the power reserve (PR) would actually make it over 60 plus hours. But it was never consistent! At other times, the PR would only go maybe half of those hours. So I took the watch back to the AD earlier this year. Long story short, it was sent off to an Omega service center (earlier this year, in the Spring) under warranty and the AD told me Omega had confirmed a problem and replaced the mainspring.

So I got the watch back several weeks ago and felt confident they had fixed the problem. Once again, things started out fine, meaning I had the ability to fully wind (and go roughly 80 rotations). The watch would go the expected 50-60 hours on a power reserve. But just over a week ago, the same problem started all over again. For example, the last time I wound the watch (from a dead stop), it was only able to go about 35 rotations (versus my normal 80) before I reached the stopping point. That was a red flag! In other words, I just knew the power reserve was never going to make it 50-60 hours. And sure enough! The watch died after only running approximately 30 hours.

I honestly don't know what to make of this problem. And the worst type of problem is one that is not consistent all the time. I have confidence in Omega (as a brand) and I own another Omega watch that I've never had any problems whatsoever with. But, I don't know what to make of this situation. At present, the watch is back at the AD while I have lost confidence in this watch. I know Speedys are generally great! So does it sound like I just got a lemon? What on earth could be going on here with the movement? Any why is it consistently "inconsistent" with the PR working (as it should sometimes) but then other times crapping out before I ever reach anywhere near 50 to 60 hours?

Sorry for the long post here! I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible in an effort to get any insight from others. It's been an absolute mystery to me and certainly a big disappointment at the same time.
Edited:

I have no explanation for the issue you describe, but I'm curious why you spend so much time testing how long the power reserve lasts. When I wear my Speedmaster in rotation with other watches, I fully wind it, wear it for the day, then fully wind it each successive day that I wear it. In other words, as long as it's still working after not wearing it over night, I wind it and go about my day. I've never tested how long the PR is on any watch I own.
Hope the issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Like 1
Tough for us to provide a suggestion as to how to cure the symptoms. But easy for us to provide a suggestion as to how to solve the problem. Take it back to the AD again! And keep doing it until they get it right!

I have no explanation for the issue you describe, but I'm curious why you spend so much time testing how long the power reserve lasts. When I wear my Speedmaster in rotation with other watches, I fully wind it, wear it for the day, then fully wind it each successive day that I wear it. In other words, as long as it's still working after not wearing it over night, I wind it and go about my day. I've never tested how long the PR is on any watch I own.
Hope the issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I only started testing if after discovering the PR is no where near where it is expected.
Tough for us to provide a suggestion as to how to cure the symptoms. But easy for us to provide a suggestion as to how to solve the problem. Take it back to the AD again! And keep doing it until they get it right!

Yes, it's back at the AD. A watch in this price range should perform within specs. And it's not doing that on many occasions. 30 hours on a full wind doesn't cut it.

Like 1
Certainly a pain. Hopefully you can get a technical answer on the root cause, assuming they find and fix it, and update us. Sounds like pretty strange behavior indeed.