Forums Latest Members
  1. Concer Nov 16, 2020

Hello everybody,

I am currently in the process of repairing my watches that have minor or major "defects".
    I currently have an Omega Albatros with the caliber 1610 on which the calendar mechanism has shifted. Normally, the calendar day changes around midnight and the middle of the two days is displayed during this time (I hope that this is understandable). The date is then displayed on the day as normal.

But now it is the case with my Omega that it is exactly the other way around. The whole day the calendar is between the current and the next day and around midnight the current date is then in the middle of the window.
    I know the mechanism of the calendar function and I guess that the calendar was installed incorrectly at some point during a service (but I would still be surprised if such a mistake happened to a watchmaker).

My question would be: Is there also a possibility that something like this "just happens"? So without a faulty installation or the like? And is there a way to correct that without taking the whole watch apart?

regards
    Oli