Forums Latest Members
  1. calalum Jul 23, 2015

I generally keep my eye on asking prices, but they are not a good guide to where deals are being completed, particularly in light of the infinite variations in condition, originality and desirability. Accordingly, I am seeking some price guidance for the below Speedmasters. I understand that to actually pursue a sale I will need to get the watches from the bank and take a lot more pictures, but am just hoping for some insights at this point. I looked at the price guide but it wasn't really helpful. I know these pieces are not perfect but they are in good condition and are nice examples (I understand the bezel issue). PM's are fine as well. DSC04348.JPG Thanks all.

2. Davidt Jul 23, 2015

You'll struggle to find better price advice that what's available on speedmaster101.com.

3. JohnSteed Jul 23, 2015

Also ... Do a bit of research on similar examples offered here in FS, and for sold examples on eBay. Varied conditions / pricing as you've noted, I expect you'll see

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 24, 2015

Well the bezel issues are quite a big deal. Not just because both watches need a DO90 $800+ bezel, but it indicates history.

That is, the watches were serviced or worked on, with a budget in mind. Saving on the bezels, raise the question where else was money saved? Or was there simply no desire to be original? (Just questions I ask myself, not accusations)

Having said that, the watches look to be in running to good condition. For example both have correct size pushers, and crystals. A good sign.

Both look like they need a service. (But I always think that!).

Both references have sold strongly in the last few months, BUT right now the market is too thin to make accurate predictions as to what you would get in an ebay auction.

Recently in Hong Kong a 105.012 similar to this sold for around USD$5000.

105.003's are the last of the straight lug cases and in the last three months some have sold for big prices, ($7000+), however these were more attractive in the dial, handset and bezel combination, so my estimate would be less, but you never know in this market. Actually on second look, the dial looks nice, and the hands matching. So these are desirable, but missing the bezel it knocks the whole watch.

There is one in Italy that is asking more, and in worse condition.

eBay might be the best place to achieve a strong price, for least expense. An open auction, no reserve starting at .99 will bring a big price.

OF is good, but you have to know what you want. Ask too little, and you loose out. Ask to much and you loose integrity and "face", and burn the watch - that is, overexpose it without a sale.

Edited Jul 24, 2015