Preference: independent "certified" watchmaker for service or Omega/Swatch?

I'm growing frustrated with a choice I made to send a timepiece to an independent watchmaker that is "certified" for Omega service. Unfortunately, the watch is still yet to be fully serviced and the status is "waiting on parts." This has been since MARCH! Hoping I get this back this calendar year. This was my first Omega and it has a lot of sentimental value.

I know there are other reputable service providers (Nesbitt?) but how have others fared with independent options rather than Omega/Swatch?

And one more question: has anyone had a METAS timepiece serviced and how do they certify the METAS standards? Scratching my head if an independent could service a METAS timepiece or if the only option is Omega/Swatch. Do they update the results for your timepiece?

Nesbit's is good for just about any modern Omega. The older it is, they less they want to work on it, but since you're posting in this forum, I'm guessing your watch is no more than perhaps 30 years old, and they can definitely do it.

You could always send it to Omege themselves of course, but I personally stopped doing that because each time I received a watch back, it required rework.

I'm growing frustrated with a choice I made to send a timepiece to an independent watchmaker that is "certified" for Omega service. Unfortunately, the watch is still yet to be fully serviced and the status is "waiting on parts." This has been since MARCH! Hoping I get this back this calendar year. This was my first Omega and it has a lot of sentimental value.

I know there are other reputable service providers (Nesbitt?) but how have others fared with independent options rather than Omega/Swatch?

And one more question: has anyone had a METAS timepiece serviced and how do they certify the METAS standards? Scratching my head if an independent could service a METAS timepiece or if the only option is Omega/Swatch. Do they update the results for your timepiece?

Parts backlogs are the norm these days. I’ve got parts back ordered for months from Omega, so this is not unusual. Note that the brand service centres have the same problems.

Regarding METAS, the watch is certified when it is produced, and never certified again, either by an independent or brand service centre. If the person you sent it to is certified by Omega, they will perform all the testing required by Omega, which will be the same as an Omega service centre would do.

Cheers, Al

Parts backlogs are the norm these days. I’ve got parts back ordered for months from Omega, so this is not unusual. Note that the brand service centres have the same problems.

Regarding METAS, the watch is certified when it is produced, and never certified again, either by an independent or brand service centre. If the person you sent it to is certified by Omega, they will perform all the testing required by Omega, which will be the same as an Omega service centre would do.

Cheers, Al
Appreciate the perspective on both!