Forums Latest Members
  1. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 14, 2014

Hi all.
    hope this isn't against forum rules but does anyone know the current value of a pre-bond auto seamaster. I see loads of quartz on the market but have never seen the chronometer version offered for sale.

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 14, 2014

It's not against the rules - this is not one of those forums that's run like North Korea :)

That said, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question but someone who does will probably be along soon.

3. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 14, 2014

Mid or full sized? Stainless or bi metal? Condition?

4. alam Aug 14, 2014

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 14, 2014

full size, stainless, mint. I must admit that I am thinking about putting mine up for sale but have no idea what to ask for it. I have never seen one sold anywhere.

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 14, 2014

7. msp1518 Aug 14, 2014

Two full sized NOS two-toned Pre-Bonds sold on eBay this year for around $1500 and then $1200 (ironically the nicer of the two). I was so ticked off that I had just purchased my quartz Pre-Bond when the first one went up. Oh my God, I was damn near crying, but such is life. I couldn't justify bidding when I had spent $700 on the quartz model.

These simply do not command much. I do adore mine. It's in super fine shape with not a scratch on the bezel or insert and the bracelet only has the most minor of desk diver scratches. So I really cannot complain.

Do a search on eBay for Omega Seamaster 200m in SOLD listings and you will see what they go for. Nearly all are quartz but there are a few autos in there.