Post your Russian vintage watches

And about the same time (end of Jan 2020) bought this for a modest amount of cash in very good working order.

Unfortunately there seems to be an unending supply of Russian vintage watches so I doubt these models will ever make good money in years to come and as much as I love watches just for what they are I do try and keep an eye on the economics of it with the aim of an eventual return either well after I retire or for my wife to sell off for profit once I shuffle off this mortal coil!

And about the same time (end of Jan 2020) bought this for a modest amount of cash in very good working order.

Unfortunately there seems to be an unending supply of Russian vintage watches so I doubt these models will ever make good money in years to come and as much as I love watches just for what they are I do try and keep an eye on the economics of it with the aim of an eventual return either well after I retire or for my wife to sell off for profit once I shuffle off this mortal coil!

Is this an Alarm watch?
No one is going to get rich trading in Russian watches but they are certainly to be worn and enjoyed.

Unfortunately there seems to be an unending supply of Russian vintage watches...

I both agree and disagree. Yes, infinite supply of used watches, but if one is hunting for NOS or slightly used ones, like I do, I do think the supplies are running out. Just my limited experience. Most likely, due to watchmakers, familiar with Russian vintage calibers retiring and going out of business, as was the case with my favorite watchmaker, who sold me two Raketas (one of them posted here before and this one [Breguet numerals] also pictured with Grandmother' Raketa):

Soon to be one of my daughters but perhaps pushing 'vintage'

I tell people the guy who wore this watch had his finger on "the button."

I tell people the guy who wore this watch had his finger on "the button."

Thats a nice looking classic watch. I'd have that in a heartbeat!

Is this an Alarm watch?
No one is going to get rich trading in Russian watches but they are certainly to be worn and enjoyed.

Yes an alarm watch, there seems to be loads of them coming to market be they Russian or the original Swiss calibre (1 Jewel less).

Perhaps its just a local Blip in the NZ watch market but seen so many the last 12 months.

An old Raketa, like the textured dial, kind of a frosted finish

An old Raketa, like the textured dial, kind of a frosted finish
I just love the cleanliness and balance achievable with smiley "made in USSR" (reminds me of Tudor's "self-winding" smiley text). Well-balanced, clean appearance - so easily achievable and, paradoxically, so rarely seen nowadays, even in heritage reissues.

Hello! I just bought another Russian vintage this time a Vostok amphibia. When I revived it, it worked and the condition was good but I was wondering what that point on the dial is
It would be nice if somebody could tell me since I haven’t seen this point on other amphibias

Hello! I just bought another Russian vintage this time a Vostok amphibia. When I revived it, it worked and the condition was good but I was wondering what that point on the dial is
It would be nice if somebody could tell me since I haven’t seen this point on other amphibias

A spot (bad relume on the dial may be related). Also, may be a badly repaired broken dial foot .

My daily wear early Boctok Amphibia keeping time within several seconds. Aftermarket Milanese mesh.

My occasional USSR “Soviet James Bond”. Works well, but needs a service and a new lume on hand.

So many knowledge on this thread, thanks for the sharing, very useful for someone who's just starting in russian dials... Fond of the wonderful vintage Strela I see here...👍👍

Did you know this nice old Bovet (40's) which looks like a lot to a Strela?...

****** Long life to OF ******
Edited:

Finally got my first КЛ1 Strela im so happy to have it here

It’s a very early model from 1959 or 60, it’s all original from what i can tell and it’s beautiful from every angle

Finally got my first КЛ1 Strela im so happy to have it here

It’s a very early model from 1959 or 60, it’s all original from what i can tell and it’s beautiful from every angle
Congratulations! Wear and enjoy the watch in good health! Sorry, I didn't want to rain in your parade, but the early number on the bridge chronologically does not correspond to the '1MChZ' rhombus and 3017 marking. The 1 MChZ should be in the triangle and certainly no 3017. Those are later modifications. Having said that, this is a decent watch nonetheless and having some parts replaced presumably during servicing is fine given it's age. Enjoy!

I saw this a while ago, but thought I'd reply since I am rereading this thread. This is a certainly a great looking watch. I am just curious whether it is Russian, indeed. I see no single Russian word or acronym, not that it is terribly important. Usually companies like Tissot that had offices/points of sale in Russian empire/early USSR would have some inscriptions in Russian somewhere.

Congratulations! Wear and enjoy the watch in good health! Sorry, I didn't want to rain in your parade, but the early number on the bridge chronologically does not correspond to the '1MChZ' rhombus and 3017 marking. The 1 MChZ should be in the triangle and certainly no 3017. Those are later modifications. Having said that, this is a decent watch nonetheless and having some parts replaced presumably during servicing is fine given it's age. Enjoy!

Thanks, I also noticed the 3017 marking and wondered if it was real or not since I also have another Cyril Strela from 1964 which didn’t have the marking but after some research I also found pictures of kl1 strelas with the 3017 marking in the movement. Of course I’m not trying to say that you are lying but I’m a bit confused what to believe now

Thanks, I also noticed the 3017 marking and wondered if it was real or not since I also have another Cyril Strela from 1964 which didn’t have the marking but after some research I also found pictures of kl1 strelas with the 3017 marking in the movement. Of course I’m not trying to say that you are lying but I’m a bit confused what to believe now
Believe your heart ;-) A more detailed answer is that you may be right regarding the 3017 marking. I just re-read my communications with an established 3017 collector and I saw no consistency in the 3017 marking on his examples. I asked him more specifically about approximate date 3017 marking appeared and I will try post here what he said, for consistency sake. However, as I said, please do enjoy your watch and be proud of owning a decent piece of history, with the dial type, and certainly the mechanism, that the first man in open space, Alexei Leonov wore during the first ever space walk.