Forums Latest Members
  1. Radiumpassion Dec 31, 2019

If not unique it`s very rare with double signature for sure. And yes, the monopusher does not feature the flyback function.

Lovely watch:)

Syrte and River McK like this.
  2. River McK Dec 31, 2019

Thank you! I wish I could have seen it with its original band.

3. Radiumpassion Dec 31, 2019

I think the fixed lug bars has been modifyed, is it possible to fit springbars?

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 31, 2019

Welcome @River McK, and thank you for sharing the story of this beauty.
    I think you should create a stand alone post entitled “my grand father’s 13ZN” as it will have much more visibility.
    Just so you know, a Longines extract of archive does not “substantiate authenticity”— but there is
    no need for that if you’re not planning on selling the watch— which doesn’t seem to be your intent. (If it were mine, with such a family history I certainly would keep it).
    Best regards and happy holidays

yako54 and aap like this.
  5. River McK Dec 31, 2019

Thank you Syrte! I appreciate the post suggestion, and I definitely will edit the authenticity comment from my initial post. I believe I would have to send the watch to St. Imier to have it authenticated, correct?

Hope everyone has a happy (and safe) New Year celebration.

Syrte likes this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 31, 2019

That is entirely correct. However a certificate of authenticity is not so essential here. It’s a technical document which certifies that all parts of the watch were made by Longines, and that they are consistent with the factory records.
    However there is no question that the key parts of your watch are from Longines, ie the movement, the case, the dial, the crown even. And if one or several hands may have been replaced, in your case it really isn’t the end of the world.
    If some day you wanted to bring it to Longines by hand for a certificate of authenticity, why not, but I would personally not be shipping this watch around if I could avoid it. Some people ship watches that are worth tens of thousands- but that’s just me.

River McK likes this.
  7. fbf Dec 31, 2019

amazing watch...

River McK likes this.
  8. River McK Dec 31, 2019

Agreed. Without knowing its monetary value and taking out insurance on it, I would be very hesitant to ship this watch. The company I work for has a plant in Sierre, Switzerland. Should I find myself abroad for work, I would definitely make it a point to venture to St. Imier with the watch.

Syrte likes this.
  9. Rumar89 Dec 31, 2019

Good lord, @River McK. That is an incredible Longines.

There are some Hodinkee articles you should probably familiarize yourself with.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/longines-13zn-history

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/t...t-and-the-ups-and-downs-of-buying-old-watches

I’m not going to presume to suggest a value, but I would search sold lots of 13zn’s at Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips auctions to get an estimate. Of course, this is a double signed example, which increases it rarity and (in my opinion) its value. There is also the below example which recently sold, which might give you some idea.

https://www.monacolegendauctions.com/auction/Exclusive-Timepieces-15/lot-116

Would second @Syrte’s recommendation that you start a separate thread for this watch. I would love to see additional photos.

Welcome and thank you for sharing!

Syrte and River McK like this.
  10. River McK Dec 31, 2019

@Rumar89 Thank you for the kind words and informational links. The response from folks in this forum has been nothing short of amazing. In regards to your suggestion of a separate post, I did start this one shortly after @Syrte's recommendation. The other thread has had favorable responses as well. I will post more photos as soon as I get the watch back from my mother, who is in the process of having it appraised for insurance purposes. I should see her again in a couple weeks...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-grandfathers-1938-13zn-mono-pusher.107001/

Special thanks to @dsio for helping me get set up on the forum, I was struggling but he helped a brother out.

Rumar89 likes this.
  11. Leo72 Jan 9, 2020

My new Hydroconquest automatic. Love it, will be a keeper!

20200108_141011.jpg
  12. LewMadeMe Jan 22, 2020

Hello OF people, new to this and just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a watch I picked up in a jumble sale years ago with a few other watches. At the time I only bought the Longines because I liked the look of an old Casio that was in the same bunch being sold together. Due to the condition, I just bobbed this and a couple other watches in a draw and forgot about them. Well the other day during some "spring cleaning" my wife asked me if I still wanted them. Now this brings me here, having just rediscovered this old gem, I'd love if someone could let me know a little bit more about this watch as I'm a bit clueless. Many thanks!

20200121_212616.jpg 20200121_210848.jpg 20200121_210815.jpg
  13. Radiumpassion Jan 22, 2020

This looks like two interesting watches of different makers and eras put together.
    Can you open it and show the movement?

@LewMadeMe

LewMadeMe and Syrte like this.
  14. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 22, 2020

@Radiumpassion agree, this is a weird put together of a skin diver case from the 1960s or 1970s with a 1940s Longines dial/ handset and probably movement.
    Now the watch as such doesn’t have much value because it’s such a compendium,
    but I’m sure a few of us wouldn’t mind having a spare dial like this — myself included :p

Basically it’s a watch that’s worth the sum of its parts. Would be interesting to see the movement indeed, based on the size of the watch (36mm?) I would be tempted to guess a 12.68Z or a 27M.

LewMadeMe and Radiumpassion like this.
  15. Radiumpassion Jan 22, 2020

Yup @Syrte Nice size and color:whistling:

LewMadeMe and Syrte like this.
  16. LewMadeMe Jan 22, 2020

@Syrte thank you very much for your knowledge, really really interesting!! I'll try get the back open asap, but I'm not sure how to, any advice? Thank you!

17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 22, 2020

You should bring it to a professional watchmaker. jewelers might damage the back of the case by scratching it.
    And that would in turn damage its value irretrievably - whatever it's worth.

18. LewMadeMe Jan 22, 2020

Okay I will do, I'm very glad you said that, I regret to say my wife Sharon did try force it round with a house key last night, but from what I can see no damage. I won't try pretend I even know what model it's from let alone its value?

19. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 22, 2020

It's a mixture of several watches. So it's not from one model. It's a blend of two watches similar to the ones below- which have nothing to do with one another:
    [​IMG]

And this type:
    [​IMG]

Can you please post a new thread? This thread is not for inquiries. Thank you

BlueHands, allwoundup and Andsan like this.
  20. LewMadeMe Jan 23, 2020

Thank you! Really appreciate your help, here's a link to the new thread - https://omegaforums.net/threads/unknown-longines-any-help-please.108102/

allwoundup likes this.