Forums Latest Members

Possible Stolen watches in UK, please keep a lookout.

1. Bumper May 31, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I sent these watches by registered mail & they have been in Transit in the UK for over a month. There has been no reply to my queries & i'd just like to flag them as possibly been stolen.

They were on their way to a servicing, the package somehow got misdirected to the UK instead of USA. The local Post office has no answer, yet. The UK Post has not replied at all.

Sorry to trouble everyone, but i would really appreciate it if you could keep an eye out for these 2 watches if they happen to show up on local sites, craigslist, gumtree, ebay, other watch forums. Thank you.

upload_2018-6-1_11-0-37.png

First watch is a 1946 Longines Cal. 12.68
    Movement serial number :6980852
    Case numbers are : 23098 174
    It has a damaged/broken balance staff & ticks only in certain positions (Dial Down)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

2nd watch is an Omega Cal 285
    Case Reference : 14726-1
    Movement No : 17325878

Similarly, it has a broken balance staff & runs only in dial down position.

This watch has a few distinctive scratches on the case back & a some light pitting as seen in the 4th & 5th photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DSC03425.JPG

3.jpg

2. tikkathree May 31, 2018

So just "registered" post and not tracked & signed for? I feel your pain whatever standard of shipping you used.

3. Seaman May 31, 2018

From my knowledge, "registered' means tracked and signed for it. Anyway I thought that only in my country postal services can loose packages. (or an employer to stole them) . I think it will be difficult to track your watches. but I will try to remember the model from Omega.
    Good luck.

Bumper likes this.
  4. ewand Jun 1, 2018

I think you'll need to chase Singapore Post about where the package is; if they have routed it through the UK by mistake, it may be stuck in UK customs...

Bumper and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. jaguar11 Jun 1, 2018

I sincerely hope you find them. Best wishes.

Bumper likes this.
  6. Bumper Jun 1, 2018

Thanks guys,

Singapore post can't do a thing if UK post does not reply. I have been talking to customer service & they have no answers. They can't even tell me why it got sent to the UK. I suppose its possible that it was enroute & got stopped at customs..

Yes, its signed for & trackable.

Its just capping a really bad week...my dad checked in to hospital for shortness of breath last week & found out he has kidney failure & clogged arteries. And, as if that wasn't complicated enough, He has a tumour with an 80% chance of cancer. Can't tell for sure unless they do a biopsy & the docotrs aren' willing to operate because of the other medical problems...

3 MRI scans and a million blood tests later, the bills growing quite large.

7. Sherbie Jun 1, 2018

No much one can add to that - keep strong, and be there for your dad.

Watches dont matter that much in real times of need

Bumper and Uniqez like this.
  8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 1, 2018

damn ....., is that not covered by Obama care Insurance ? all fingers crossed for you. kind regards from a free health care Australia. achim

Bumper likes this.
  9. maxbelg Jun 1, 2018

I'm very sorry for the OP because of dad & watches. No need to rub in free health care in some civilised countries! :whipped:

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 1, 2018

sorry, that was not my intention. i thought, these things are covered in the USA, if emergency..... kind regards. achim

11. Dan S Jun 1, 2018

OP is in Singapore, no?

12. maxbelg Jun 1, 2018

I was only joking. I think those of us living in countries with good affordable or free health care are truly blessed. The health care system in AUS is second to none! I don't know where the OP is based and hope he can afford all the costs.

13. Bumper Jun 4, 2018

Thanks Achim,

No offense taken, yes I'm from Singapore, i lived in Melbourne for about 13 years & only remember using my medicare card 2 or 3 times. Came back here cos my parents were getting on a little, thought i'd stay a few years but ended up not going back. Medical is subsidised, up to a point, & a portion of our retirement fund is reserved for medical usage ( but it is limited & not everything is approved) unfortunately, he's been in & out of hospital lately & used up a bit of his medical fund.

Dialysis will cost $200 a session 3 times a week. So i'm moving out of the family home so the cost will go down - i do have my own place. (It's an Asian thing, you stay with your parents until you get married...even then some never move out). The Govt takes into account the total household income in determining how much subsidy is given. This might bring the cost down to $100+ (USD$75 )per session hopefully.. Maybe in a few months when he's started dialysis & stabilised a bit they might do the stents/bypass first.

14. sdre Jun 4, 2018

Is he insured? Hope all's okay with ya. SG health care is quite low if you go to the government hospitals (But service/wait time is hellish).

15. Bumper Jun 4, 2018

Thanks @sdre No, not insured.... insurance companies in Singapore do not insure diabetics. He's been on insulin 30yrs..i'm diabetic as well, all inherited. (I got diagnosed in my early 30's). No one is willing to insure you.

And yes, we waited 11 hours for a bed, A & E had over 30 people waiting to be admitted. Service is bad, doctors are young, & govt hospitals go by the book. Hence the multiple tests & scans. It is what it is..

16. sdre Jun 4, 2018

My dad (he's gone 12 years ago) and mom are diabetics too. I'm close to 37 and haven't been diagnosed with anything. Just abit of high blood pressure. I work out a ton so I guess that helps.

Let me know if you need anything, I'll be happy to talk / help if I can.

Bumper likes this.
  17. rshroff Jun 4, 2018

Don't lose hope. I have a strong feeling they will eventually show up. Same thing happened to me before. Shipped from Hong Kong and arrived 2 months later.... inadvertently went to the UK and then UK Post shipped via surface mail to the US. And if sent by surface then there is no way to track the package, hence the reason the status is showing "in transit"!

Bumper likes this.