Forums Latest Members
  1. nurseford25 Sep 5, 2017

so I picked up another 38.5mm aqua Terra and instantly the bracelet felt different. Not as heavy maybe? I can't quite pin point it but definitely different than my other 986 bracelet. I shot a few pics to get the groups opinion.

You can see in the fist pic that the inscriptions are wrong. I can't find a picture of the inscriptions on the new bracelet but I do see several pics with the inscription of my old bracelet. Old bracelet is on top, new on the bottom.
    IMG_0884.JPG

Secondly the end links look completely different inside.
    IMG_0885.JPG

The clasp is also different. Left new/right old.
    image.jpg

Let me know what you think.

2. wsfarrell Sep 5, 2017

Fake. The end-link gives it away. The actual Omega end-link (as you can see) is a complex and finely-fitted piece of work.

3. nurseford25 Sep 5, 2017

That's what I thought. Thank you.

4. yinzerniner Sep 6, 2017

If you got this off the 'bay there's a few sellers from Israel and Turkey who are notorious for peddling off these fake AT bracelets. As @wsfarrell said the dead giveaway is the end link finishing - the real ones are finely milled while the fake ones show obvious machining marks and oftentimes don't fit perfectly.

Also, in your first two pics the top bracelets appear to be the new/fake one.

5. nurseford25 Sep 6, 2017

I have a 986 and a 985 bracelet and they both look identical to each other. The 985 bracelet in the top of pictures 1 & 2 came with a brand new watch that was purchased at an omega boutique by me about 1 year ago. So I know the top one is genuine. The bracelet on the bottom of pictures 1 & 2 was from eBay.

6. wsfarrell Sep 6, 2017

Sorry, I wasn't as specific as I should have been. The Omega end links are indeed nicely finished, but the big difference is that they are also two pieces, as can be seen in the photo below (not mine). The fakes are a single piece of metal.

end.jpg

7. nurseford25 Sep 6, 2017

Yep both my 985 and my 986 bracelet look like the one above. The new one, def was a fake. It was one solid piece. I knew the second I picked it up. I returned the item today. The watch it came on was genuine, however I'm not interested in dealing with a seller who would sell a fake bracelet in a watch and claim it is 100% authentic. He even tried to argue with me last night. I filed a item does not match description case and he accepted the return. It was a shame though. The watch was the AT skyfall 38.5 and would have been a really nice piece. Looks like I'm just going to stick to my opaline dial for now. Thank you for the help.