Possible Australian Market 9ct Gold Omega?

Hi All,

I recently picked up this 9ct case Omega to pair with my steel cased Birks example, and was wondering if this is what I suspect is an Australian Handley contract case?

cheers,

Konrad

IMG_0453.jpeg IMG_0452.jpeg IMG_0450.jpeg IMG_0447.jpeg IMG_0451.jpeg

Possibly a Handley case but due to the lack of a Handley mark it's hard to say.
The 9ct mark was used in a number of countries (Commonwealth) so it could be a local production case from one of them.
The only way tell conclusively will be to request an Extract of the Archives from Omega (if and when it returns).
That should indicate the country of delivery.

Possibly a Handley case but due to the lack of a Handley mark it's hard to say.
The 9ct mark was used in a number of countries (Commonwealth) so it could be a local production case from one of them.
The only way tell conclusively will be to request an Extract of the Archives from Omega (if and when it returns).
That should indicate the country of delivery.

thanks Jim. I have a 1930’s Rolex in a 1935 dated Hantily case which predates Handley. I have also seen early Rolex watches in Handley cases. This post in WUS shows a trade advert from Handley and producing cases for Rolex:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/handley-tilley-j-w-handley-watch-case-info.1056809/

I haven’t seen any co-branded cases aside from a Cyma case in that post but I do see marking traits from regular Handley cases in suspected Rolex & Omega contract cases. This 9ct Omega was purchased in Australia…

cheers,

Konrad
Edited: