Forums Latest Members

Portland Oregon watchmakers?

1. Observer I know nothing! Apr 18, 2019

I searched old threads about Portland watchmakers, but they all recommended a guy out in The Dalles who retired in January. Anybody familiar with someone around here who does good service work?
    Thanks!

2. Bushido Apr 18, 2019

Stop in to Watchworks and have a chat. They're an Omega AD, as well as a few others, and offer in house repairs via their own watchmakers. I've been working with them for years and never disappointed.

Observer likes this.
  3. Observer I know nothing! Apr 18, 2019

I was wondering about them. Thanks for confirming that they do quality work.

4. wagudc Apr 19, 2019

Also, Kelly Hunter at Art of the Watch did a great job for me and many others here praise his work if you search the forums. He doesn't really have a storefront though. I think that this allows him to keep his prices down.

Observer and jB1128 like this.
  5. Observer I know nothing! May 4, 2019

For the record, and in case anyone has the same question in the future, I've been to Watchworks a couple times now and am very pleased with the service. They certainly have my business going forward.

wagudc and Bushido like this.
  6. Bushido May 4, 2019

I'm really glad to hear that. They really are a great independent shop there in PDX.

7. cjoedaniel May 30, 2019

I have been to watch works several times now to resize bracelets and they are usually really pleasant and let me try on some pieces.
    I haven't bought a watch from them though. Was hoping to when I was shopping around for the new Seamaster. Alex was willing to go down 15% on the older model but gave no discount on the 2018 ones. I believe he had 3 of them...

I just couldn't do it.. to pay retail.

8. Deafcon Omega Qualified May 31, 2019

I met Kelly at the AWCI last spring, he seems like a great guy. He was at the AWCI working with the board of directors on training and certification curriculum, he knows his stuff.

Observer, jB1128 and wagudc like this.
  9. rbob99 Jun 1, 2019

Kelly Hunter artofthewatch.com is first rate. He has done a lot of work for me in the last several years and I have been very pleased. He also coordinates our local RedBar group.

Observer, jB1128 and wagudc like this.
  10. take57 Jun 1, 2019

As a new member here I want to first thank the collective for all the great information offered. Much appreciated.
    I'm especially grateful to learn from yet another source that Watchworks appears to be a trustworthy place to do business with. I'm planning on dropping by in the next week or two and purchasing my first Speedy Pro if Alex & Co. can show some flexibility and not hold hard and fast with MSRP. Wish me luck!!

11. take57 Jun 4, 2019

UPDATE: Just got back from Watchworks with a new Speedy Pro. Great transaction. Sales rep. Max couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. It was charming that the entire staff offered their congratulations on my way out the door. First rate experience. All that's left to do is learn the Speedy secret handshake, huh?

Observer likes this.
  12. cjoedaniel Jun 4, 2019

Great congrats! Did they end up giving you a discount?

13. take57 Jun 4, 2019

Yup. Between their discount and having no sales tax in Oregon, I'm quite happy how it all worked out. Thanks for asking.