Forums Latest Members
  1. olivdobs Aug 15, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I've recently seen a Polerouter Sub up for sale on the interweb. There's something about the watch that I just love and having read up on the watches history I'm even more intrigued by it. Having Googled around to compare it to others of the same model I notice some variations in the rotating bezel. The watch I'm interested in (see image below) looks like the 0-20 markers have been hand painted/re-done. This said, I have seen some - although not many - examples with the same appearance. Essentially I just want to be sure that this bezel is legitimate - any insight/information anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

afa9c156-5e99-4bd1-cc21-f0804e5398c9.jpg

2. Woops Aug 15, 2018

The watch and it’s bezel look fine to me. These first execution Polerouter Subs were finished on the rotating bezel with a very sloppy-looking lume from 0-20 before they left the factory. Only UG could tell you why. Paradoxically with this reference, the more amateurish the bezel lume job appears, the greater the likelihood that the watch is legit and untouched.

I’m actually wearing mine at the moment - it’s a great watch!

8555F773-56B1-4760-BE3E-68185A7811CF.jpeg
    LouS and Dan S like this.
  3. olivdobs Aug 15, 2018

Thanks a lot for the response. Good to know that the 0-20 lume is legit :) I actually really like the sloppy nature of the lume - it adds to the charm of the watch. And from your picture, it definitely looks great on the wrist.

Woops likes this.