Forums Latest Members
  1. Boudica Aug 18, 2016

I just posted in the UG on ebay thread but i want it to get more attention, so i thought i'd make my own thread, plus i will keep adding different watches to it for your opinions.
    First is a solid gold deluxe, I'm really liking the linen dial and it looks in great condition, though it is pricey. I don't mind paying extra if everything is kosher.
    Things that worry me most are the crosshairs and thickness/ clearness of the font and lack of details from the seller...
    s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg
  2. Boudica Aug 18, 2016

Next up, Well i don't know what to make of this, it looks like someone tried to mod it into a date just. Did any Polerouters ever come with fluted bezels or has someone stuck that on after along with the jubilee bracelet (i presume thats a fake)?
    The dial actually looks in quite good condition... Any thoughts?

s-l1600 (17).jpg s-l1600 (16).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (15).jpg s-l1600 (13).jpg s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg
  3. Jonatan Aug 19, 2016

I was looking at the Polerouter date this morning and was asking myself the same questions. The inner bezel is not in the correct position but the rest of the watch, dial, hands, crown look alright. I've never seen that bezel on a Polerouter but I still have lots to learn.

Edited Aug 20, 2016
    lezlangdon likes this.
  4. LaurentBxl Aug 19, 2016

Never saw that kind of bezel neither... my 2 cents and i'm speculating, the surface around the crystal is very flat so it is fairly easy to glue a Rolex-like bezel on it...that would be logical considering the jubilee bracelet.... Maybe it can be removed without any damage?

5. westmtn Aug 19, 2016

6. Boudica Sep 19, 2016

Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry I'm late responding, been a busy with work the past few weeks and not much online time.
    I did actually try to buy the gold one but the seller won't ship to UK. I tried sending him a message to do a deal but he was quite rude, so probably a lucky escape.
    Also missed another gold beauty in the meantime (Damn it) from the seller Alex in Mexico who always seems to get nice pieces. It's hard work and time consuming searching for watches at a decent price... The search continues...

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 19, 2016

As I recall Diabolik once stated that the linen dial is almost impossible to refinish or fake. I'd vote for gold.

8. Boudica Sep 19, 2016

Yeah i wanted to buy it but the seller had zero interest selling it to me, or even considering sending to the UK. It's been for sale for a few months now and he's even lowered the price..
    I've also got 250 100% positive feedback on ebay over 6 years but he's still not having it...

9. hrobi Sep 20, 2016

Man that gold linen is amazing! If he's not selling to you it must be the UK factor for some reason, not your feedback...

10. Boudica Sep 20, 2016

Yeah it's really p'd me off to be honest. I sent the guy a nice polite email explaining my position and just got a rather rude two word reply...
    It's actually been on sale a few months and he's reduced it once already, so i couldn't really understand his attitude.