Forums Latest Members
  1. BoyKyle Oct 4, 2020

Hi, I am looking to buy a polerouter 868108/02 and just doing some research on the specific refernce but I can find very little at all. I am happy with the autheticty and condition of the watch but I am just intrested as to why so little have been seen online. Is this sparseness the same with all the later polerouter refernces or was the later no date references not as desirable as the date refernces for example. I guess there isnt any real answer to this but just intrested in hearing peoples thoughts, thanks

2. CafeRacer Oct 4, 2020

They are essentially the same watch as a 20366 reference Polerouter, with an upgraded rotor/caliber.

The reference number coding was "updated" in 1965 and at the same time movements were updated with the new rotor style, i.e. from caliber 218-9 to 68, and caliber 218-2 to 69. More info here:
    https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/decoding-polerouter-reference-numbers/

New polerouter models started to be produced not too long after the coding system change, so whilst there are not as many "868108" around, there are many more "20366" with the old reference coding.

bgrisso, Mazoue and BoyKyle like this.
  3. BoyKyle Oct 4, 2020

ahh okay thats great thankyou

4. BoyKyle Oct 8, 2020

I have just received the above mentioned watch pictured here. You may have seen it before as it was sold in sweeden a year or so ago (https://antika.no/produkt/polerouter/) and I brought it from the person who brought it from them. Im happy with the dial and the case but the movement is the only thing that needs repairing. Full disclosure I brought the watch knowing it had issues with the movement and the seller was completly honest with me.

I just have a quick question about the microtor. The microtor is not working correclty and is making a grinding sound. I initilay thought this may be on the case back from seeing other posts but from opening the watch the micrortor is not turning correctly at all. I have tried to attach a video but cant seem to do it. The microtor pretty much does not turn when I angle the watch around and only moves slighty. It is not stuck in one posistion it is just seems to be resting on the plate behind it. It seems to move slighlty better when I hold the watch face up. I am obviously going to be sending it away for service but was wondering if it would be wise to source a replacment microtor before doing this or wether there is anyway it could be repaired. I have read on here before about replacing microtors I belive and correct me if I am wrong but is it possible to swap out older microters and put them in the later movements if they would be easier to source?
    IMG-20201008-WA0014.jpg IMG-20201008-WA0015.jpg IMG-20201008-WA0016.jpg
    any help would be great thanks

5. bgrisso Oct 8, 2020

Looks nice, congrats! I would not try to pre solve this, send to your watchmaker and deal with it once you have more info from them about exactly what is going on. In my experience, it's the other way around, people are generally putting newer rotors into older mvmts, because there was a design upgrade and they are interchangeable. I guess it would probably work the other way around, and the only point would be maybe to save money, but I wouldn't do that. Good luck with the repairs, hopefully it's not too expensive.

jumpingsecond and BoyKyle like this.
  6. BoyKyle Oct 8, 2020

That’s great help thank you

7. BoyKyle Nov 12, 2020

Hi all, I have spoken to a watchmaker and they have said it sounds like it will need a a replacement rotor bearing. They have said they will repair the watch if I am able to source one myself. Does anyone know somewhere or someone who has a Cal 68 rotor bearing available? Or alternatively a watchmaker who has one in stock and can repair the watch in the UK? Thanks

8. CafeRacer Nov 12, 2020

My suggestion is to try and source it from one of the service/repair contacts here:
    https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/service-repairs/
    They may not sell individual parts alone, but can repair them if required.
    The caliber 68 rotor is the same as caliber 69 and 1-69.

bgrisso likes this.
  9. BoyKyle Nov 12, 2020

That's great help thankyou, the new website update is great

10. nanjingcigaretes practicing PMA Nov 30, 2020

I was on the hunt for the same reffff.