Forums Latest Members
  1. newbie12 Jun 18, 2015

I was looking for a gift for my father for fathers day and came across this auction on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191589505526?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I was wondering if you guys think this is legit. The fact that they have more than a few pocketwatches for sale currently and that they are from Bulgaria are some red flags for me.

Sorry I wish I had a better first post, but I know little about watches and wanted to get something nice for my dad.

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jun 18, 2015

The watch looks like genuine Omega but its just a run of the mill piece, nothing special, $300. The box is knocked off junk..... worth its weight in used toilet paper.... the badge is trying very hard to give the whole package that WW2 Nazi mystique...... turns some people on, usually the kind you don't want out with your daughter.

There's better out there.

3. newbie12 Jun 18, 2015

Thanks for checking it out. What would you recommend instead?

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jun 18, 2015

There lots of American pocket watches out there, top quality stuff and a lot of part can still be hod should the worst happen.

Try for a Hamilton 922....