Pocket Watch information help (Waltham)

This was my Father-In-Law's Waltham and I I've had it for years, in a case, on a shelf. I was wondering if anyone had any history on this watch or movement? Is the dial original to case? Are the hands original? The case looks gold plated/brass. It runs a little fast and probably needs a service. Sorry for the photo quality. iPhone can only do so much is indoor light. I hope there is enough detail.

He was an eclectic collector of 'things'. The vast majority of the things had do real monetary value, but were special to him. Knowing him is was pieced together from several different pocket watches.

Thanks in advance.

FACE.jpg

CASE.jpg

MOVEMENT.jpg

Thank you. 1905 puts it as one of his family members and not his. I wish I had more history on it.

Nobody in the120 year existence of your Waltham could have imagined the watch would still exist in 2024, and that somebody would be interested in it. Speaking as a collector, not too many watches come to us with background information. But when you have that kind of information on a particular watch, that watch can be special.

Nobody in the120 year existence of your Waltham could have imagined the watch would still exist in 2024, and that somebody would be interested in it. Speaking as a collector, not too many watches come to us with background information. But when you have that kind of information on a particular watch, that watch can be special.

Yes and to think of all the things this watch was involved in as it marked the passage of time for the owner. Horse and buggy, cars, trains. Multiple wars. The work day. A lot it's seen.

We shared a lot of interests and I have a lot of his other collectables. Watches was one of them. This watch in particular I knew nothing about. I would have guessed it was his father's from the 30's and not from the turn of the century. It's amazing that it runs like it does.

Do you know what the power reserve might have been on one of these?

Like 2
Do you know what the power reserve might have been on one of these?

Run time will vary, based on condition of the watch, and the state of the mainspring. 18-size Walthams such as yours (in good condition) should run 32 to 36 hours on a full wind.

Like 1
Family watch needs a service if you are gonna run it.

Like 1