Forums Latest Members
  1. B3oty May 16, 2015

I hope this isn't too much of a silly question.

I've recently bought a used 2011 planet ocean with the 2500 calibre movement. It was serviced by omega last year.

I have a (cheap) watch winder which has always kept my Tag Heuer Carrera running when not in use. I have tried the PO on the winder in both the clockwise and anti-clockwise settings and the watch stops all together after a couple of days.

I have read that omega recommend a bi-directional winder for the 2500 calibre watches.

My question is do I definitely need a winder with a bi-directional setting, or is my watch faulty as it won't wind on my winder?

Thanks for any help.

2. Moppel May 16, 2015

I wouldn't use a watch winder at all. I know that people's preferences are different. My opinion is "if it does not move it can't wear".
    But back to your question: some movements need more turns in order to keep moving than others. So it depends on the movement.
    And of course, if you have a winder which only rotates in one direction you need to double the amount of turns.
    If I were you I would simply wear the watch two or three days and see if it stops or not.

Regards
    Thomas