Forums Latest Members

PO deep black gator strap size issue

1. errol0_7 May 6, 2018

Hi guys

My fist post here but not my first omega :)

I have bought and love a new planet ocean deep black , I went for the all black version but wanted the crocodile strap off the Sedna gold version to achieve the look I wanted

So I wore the watch a while then ordered a standard crocodile strap (i have just under 8’’ wrists so very normal)

I collected the strap up from store one evening last week and as I had my hulk on I just collected it and brought it home

When I got it home I was shocked at the length of the crocodile strap! Its tiny ! It’s a considerably smaller on each side - so I phoned the ad up straight away to say there is a mistake and I must have been supplied the smallest version

They told me my (perfect sized ) rubber band comes in 103mm x 106mm but the standard length leather strap is shorter at 95mm x 100mm. The only option if this is too small is to buy the longer length one which is 120mm x 115mm. this however is considerably longer - if this is true this is nuts - the AD is essentially telling me omega don’t make a leather gator for this watch that fits an average sized wrist

I have requested omega give me details on the sizes as I am hoping this is AD BS

Unhappy as I really wanted that look on the watch

Has anyone else had this issue and what did the do?

Shall I use the small strap which will only just fit or go large and how will this look? Does anyone with a normal size wrist wear this size strap on deyployant

BTW the watch is amazing and is getting most wrist time of all my watches

Thanks

John

2. Mtek May 6, 2018

Can I ask how much the gator strap from the AD cost? Reason I ask is you can get bespoke straps made probably less.

3. errol0_7 May 6, 2018

Hi It’s £265 but I’m an oem kinda guy and love that strap

4. Mtek May 6, 2018

Understand. I’m sure there are members who know the manufacture Omega uses though. Omega subcontracts those straps.

5. errol0_7 May 6, 2018

In an ideal world Omega will supply one the same size as my rubber strap and it’s just a small or faulty strap that has been supplied

It’d be good to know the supplier for future straps though

Best

John

6. errol0_7 May 11, 2018

Apparently they do !

The standard will fit perfectly and they supplied a short length strap - hopefully when the new one arrives all will be well. IMG_3253.jpg