Forums Latest Members

Ploprof 600 -- Movement Never (rarely) in Photos -- Why?

1. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 30, 2014

Noob question: Almost every watch for sale, whether on this forum, on ebay, or elsewhere, is accompanied with many standard photos.....including one or more of the watch's movement. The exception seems to be the Omega Ploprof 600.

I'm sure there are others too, but why no movement photos for this watch? Thanks.

Tom

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 30, 2014

Because it's a pain to open the watch up!

cozzani1978 and citizenrich like this.
  3. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 30, 2014

That obvious huh? Guess it makes sense since a guy like me can't even open up simple watches!

That being said, doesn't that put the buyer at a disadvantage likely causing he/she to pass?

Seems no one on this forum would buy a vintage Speedmaster without seeing the movement, so why would folks take a leap on a Ploprof? Am I being too cynical?

Thanks, Tom

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 30, 2014

The very fact that it is difficult translates into a well protected movement. And this is one watch where the absence of movement photos will likely not affect the value of the watch significantly.

5. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 30, 2014

Got it. Thank you!

6. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 30, 2014

MSN.......pardon me for one more question. Is it then correct to assume, since the back is rarely removed, that the question of the relevant serial number is a lost one? Unlikely known and too hard to verify? Is there a good/ fair way to approach w the seller....or is it just not important with these models? Appreciate your help.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 30, 2014

8. glennsim Oct 31, 2014

http://www.ploprof.com/PloProf.html

Probably less fancy of a design with cal. 1002, monoblock design hence only time to be able(wanting) to open it is during the servicing? And unless you are the watchmaker yourself, you can take the pics as you wish..

RawArcher likes this.
  9. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 31, 2014