Forums Latest Members
  1. tempogen Mar 3, 2017

Hello,

I'm a new member here and i'd like to thank you for your help.
    First of all, the fake vintage omega thread blew my mind. I had no idea there were so many out there ! I must've seen countless one and didn't even know what I was looking at.
    secondly the topic of the thread :

I'm looking in vain for a dial for this baby , which is an Omega Plongeur De Luxe ST 396.0900, I believe. Thankfully it's not a fake, but for some reason it has been violated by putting this constellation dial, and also - according to my favourite watchmaker and friend - it has the case back changed as well.

I only found one dial on eBay a while back, but it was damaged and it got snatched up before i was able to decide whether it was worth it or not.

I'm hoping that someone here can lend a hand by directing me to somewhere i can buy one, or at least a reasonable replacement dial. this is for loving and wearing, not for sale or anything so I just want it to look good and make sense.

Thanks for your input.

IMG_8474-2.JPG
    MTROIS likes this.
  2. tempogen Mar 6, 2017

silly me. I guess this actually qualifies as a WTB and since i'm not eligible yet then I should wait etc etc... noob mistake. :D

3. tyrantlizardrex Mar 6, 2017

Hey @tempogen - these are still available as a spare part during service from Omega, or an Omega Authorised Repairer.

The watch would have to go for a service to buy the dial though.

If you're in the UK, I'd recommend Swiss Time Services in Essex.

Best

Chris

tempogen likes this.
  4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 6, 2017

I think you'll also be shelling out for a replacement handset, as I believe these came with "paddle sword" style hands (the photo is not good enough to decide whether the second hand is correct).

Add that to the possible cost of a correct caseback (if available) and the dial and you're probably looking at a repair/parts/service bill close to the value of the watch or what it might cost to source a more correct example. However, these are fairly rare beasts, especially in good condition, so if you want it now, the restoration route may be the only way to go.

Good luck whatever you decide :thumbsup:

tempogen likes this.