Forums Latest Members

Please tell me this is a fake 007 seamaster

1. Bill Aug 19, 2012

Well, I paid peanuts for this watch at thrift store so I am 99.9% sure it is not genuine. But you know how we wish grabbing valuable stuffs for bargain basement prices? Watch ticks just fine although the winder is missing. I am assuming it will cost quite a bit to get it repaired. If I decide to sell this watch, how much could I possible get out of this watch? I am hoping to get at least $50 from it. I have never owned luxury watches but this one "felt" amazingly "luxurious". What say you? Thanks in advance!

Here are the pictures:
    002.jpg 001.jpg 003.jpg

--Bill

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 20, 2012

Bill I'm afraid that is definitely a fake, the font is wrong on the OMEGA, and one the Seamaster, the finishing on the bracelet endlinks is poor, the case finishing and caseback engraving is awful and it just looks it all over. We don't allow discussion of fakes on this site its one of the few rules we really enforce religiously so we can't go any further than telling you it isn't real.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 20, 2012

You could pick up a used one in working order starting at about $900. If that seems like a lot, just keep in mind they're built very tough and will likely last a very long time.

If you like the fake, just imagine what the real deal would be like. ;)

4. Bill Aug 20, 2012

Thanks a lot for confirming. Yes I can't imagine what the real one would be like!!!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 20, 2012

Destroy it.

6. ulackfocus Aug 20, 2012

That's the direct way of saying it.

Please don't sell it. In a way, that would mean you're condoning counterfeits. Most of us use fakes for target shooting or batting practice.