Forums Latest Members

Please Report Fake/Counterfeit Item(s) And Seller

1. cvrle1 Sep 7, 2016

2. HannekeW Sep 7, 2016

9/7/2016 Reported

3. HannekeW Sep 7, 2016

I believe this is a fake as well, asked seller for a pic of back of watch, seller did not reply.
    omega seamaster 18k gold plated wrist watchPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    ( 302055291134 )

I went ahead and reported it, auction ending today with many watchers.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 7, 2016

There is no doubt that this is a fake.

5. HannekeW Sep 7, 2016

I am so glad I got it correct. I am learning and will stay on top of this. Stealing from people is just not right. Thanks for confirming.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 7, 2016

7. Maganator Sep 7, 2016

Also reported.

8. HannekeW Sep 7, 2016

I got a message back from the seller stating he had it checked and it was not a fake, yet he never send me a picture of the back of the watch, but as I stated this morning I had already reported him to Ebay.

9. HannekeW Sep 8, 2016

It was relisted at Ebay, seller never send me a picture of back of watch and when I send him an email telling him it may not be the real thing he stated he took it to an expert who said it was real, however he never responded to my pic request but when I emailed him re: fake he responded within one hour. Lets stop this guy.

10. HannekeW Sep 8, 2016

11. cvrle1 Sep 12, 2016

12. HannekeW Sep 12, 2016

13. cvrle1 Sep 13, 2016

14. HannekeW Sep 14, 2016

reported 9/14/2016 7 am................disgusted with Ebay for not doing anything about our reporting these items. What else can we do??

Message send to seller.
    "Are you aware this is not an authentic Omega??? It is a fake and you should be ashamed of yourself if you know this and if you did not know, please remove this listing and have it checked by a professional."

15. HannekeW Sep 14, 2016

I sent a message to one of this sellers watchers to warn him and I got the following reply:
    "New message from: watchdoctor63 (277[​IMG])
    Am a watchmaker and I sent him the same massage ,so thank you for your kind thoughts "
    I told this gentleman about our forum.

And the watch is still on Ebay.

16. cvrle1 Sep 14, 2016

Some sellers dont care. There will be uneducated buyers that will spend a lot of $$$ on these thinking they are actually getting a good deal. Hell, I did same thing few weeks ago, thinking I did my work and so on. Clearly I was wrong. Look at all the crappy "1900's Omega watches" that are being sold from Ukraine seller. Some of these are sold for $1K with lots of bids. I just hope that whoever wins these copies does realize that they are fake and gets their money back. eBay policy is that if item is counterfeit, buyer gets the money back and is asked to destroy the item instead of returning it to the seller. At least this was policy before. Not sure if anything changed in that regard.

17. HannekeW Sep 14, 2016

I am so disgusted with Ebay I went to the Corporate web site and send an email to every department, investers, advertisers....all I could find and really gave it to them (they will probably close my account for this). I threatened them that if they did not do something about it I would go to the media. I am just a 63 year old lady selling my personal stuff and I had an Omega. Through this site I found it was a fake and I threw it out. I would not dare sell something fake, but these day's criminal activity is just allowed. Ebay probably knows but prefers their commission over the honesty. I am angry and once I get started I will not stop. LOL just had to ad this.
    PS: found a post on Ebay community from a lady who discovered the Omega she bought was fake and the seller is ignoring all demands and communication.

18. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 14, 2016

Why don't you email Ebay and offer your services to vet every one of the tens of thousands of new listings every week, then everyone can be sure that whatever watch they bid on is the real deal?

ffej4 likes this.
  19. HannekeW Sep 14, 2016

Well I recommended to Ebay that all Omegas should be accompanied by a written authenticity document or not allow the listing. Let's see what Ebay will do.(probably ignore me).

20. 72c Sep 14, 2016

I wouldn't start getting too worked up over these fakes. Realistically eBay can't be expected to police things in every category 24/7 and have the employee knowhow for what's real and what's not for everything. That's why the report button exists.

Believe it or not they also give brands a shortcut in getting things removed far more quickly than you or I could every hope to, so maybe you could get angry with Omega too?

Fakes are annoying certainly, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over them. Remember too that any buyer that does get stung has protection that's frankly far more weighted in the buyer's favour than any other marketplace I can think of.

Anyway back to the subject at hand

lol.jpg
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252539756007Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network